WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BMW v8 engine coffee table project

straight6pwr

• 2 weeks later...

so got the block all buttoned up.  painting done. foot hardware and bearing caps installed.

EiZftan.jpg

ylVbu12.jpg

eOAKqUR.jpg

created a 'headgasket'. i didnt want the paint between the head/block to adhere over time. plus it gives it the correct look, as you can see the gasket between the two.

WXwyPbA.jpg

SNUyCCh.jpg

i will be mounting the heads to the block with just four head bolts each. all 20 would be overkill.

1LnTZOz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well the intake mani seals i pulled from my actual car were almost in brand new shape even after 130k miles, so i decided to add them to the project.

6SUc44C.jpg

i am now 99% done with the table. all i have left is to get a plaque with the technical deets on it. deciding between etched glass or laser engraved aluminum.

photoshoot to come...

On 4/14/2016 at 10:40 PM, Doorman said:

Etched glass as in etched on the top itself?

wont that get ruined by spilled pop, pizza, juice boxes, those little white speckles on sno-caps and mess up doing lines of coke on the top?

I vote laser engraved plaque!

lol lines of coke.

glass would be etched (in reverse) on the bottom of the glass. leaning towards the plaque since its possible for the glass to be lost or broken.

getting quotes/feasibility from a few places, but if anyone has a source for this sort of thing i'm all ears. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...