WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Suspension Work?

chatch10

I recently had some suspension work done to my car and things just don't feel right. I now have a vibration in the steering wheel at 80mph and the car feels clunky and loose. I've had the tires balanced a few times by different shops and everything checks out. I've also had a second alignment done which helped, but the car feels nowhere as smooth as it should. I drove in another car with the same mods and his was so much better riding than mine.

Just seeing if someone in the Grafton/Port Washington area would be able to drive in it my me and let me know or even take a look at the work done to make sure everything looks correct. Thanks!

The car is a 2011 335i with about 57k miles now. I had the front control arms replaced, bilstein b12 kit installed along with all new hardware (mounts, nuts, washer, bolts), and the alignment pins removed.

I always felt something was off, but my thoughts were confirmed when I meet up with another forum member who did the b12 kit install himself and our cars felt totally different. So I'm assuming something with the installed parts isn't right or something else on my car needs fixing.

Not to get into the whole ordeal, but I have several times and I have them drive it and they tell me everything is okay. Also, it is a very reputable shop that most people know. I'm just having a hard time because I had them balance my tires and do an alignment after the install. I was told everything was okay, but I took it to another shop because like I said it didn't feel right and 3 of the 4 tires were out of balance and the alignment was very far off. So I'm just trying to find someone to maybe take my car for a drive and maybe take a look at it if possible because I have very little knowledge with suspensions.

Not to get into the whole ordeal, but I have several times and I have them drive it and they tell me everything is okay. Also, it is a very reputable shop that most people know. I'm just having a hard time because I had them balance my tires and do an alignment after the install. I was told everything was okay, but I took it to another shop because like I said it didn't feel right and 3 of the 4 tires were out of balance and the alignment was very far off. So I'm just trying to find someone to maybe take my car for a drive and maybe take a look at it if possible because I have very little knowledge with suspensions.

Come up to buy my winter wheels/tires and I'll take a peek at it :)

The

Spill the beans! Otherwise everyone else will keep going to this said shop!

The

Spill the beans! Otherwise everyone else will keep going to this said shop!

After taking it there several times and not being remedied, you're not slandering the shop by just stating their name=) 

I don't want to say anything until I take it to another shop and get everything verified. I wouldn't want to slander anyone without knowing the exact cause of my issues.

You're the same guy who blasted a shop on your own shops facebook page, shared it to other BMW facebook pages then wouldn't tell anyone who the shop was!

I told all my customers or people who asked who it was. Also this is wibimmers very small compared to the e90/m3 chicago fn groups. If you must know the shop was A-spec tuning. No secrets. But thanks for the concern.