WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Intro

cburn

what kinda bullshit is this? no pics or any relevant info about the car. 6mt? mods? plans to mod?  #N55tuningLimitationProblems !?!? 

gtfo son or come back with pics  :cool:

Well, I suppose I deserve that.  I'm in Waukesha by the Red Rooster.

No pictures because it's completely stock looking.  2011 335xi black will get you the image.

AT

Mods:

BMS CP 

JB4 with FF wires ISO

e30 fuel

BMS Intake though I don't have it installed at the moment.

BMW PE

Still in warranty so I've held off on DP for now.

Here she is at Blackhawk Farms last summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6EzrIqUrYs

To everyone who said welcome, thank you!  I appreciate your kindness.

e30 fuel is not what my brain wants it to be. Welcome, glad to have another member in the area and very glad to see you taking it out on track to be enjoyed.How was the understeer/oversteer behavior with the awd?

The understeer was pretty bad. I think a square setup would help quite a bit. I hit limp a few times from coolant temps. Brakes worked like shit. Other than that I had a great time.

go 255 square. That's the one thing I hate about my 135 more than anything - can't fit shit for tires in the front. It's impossible to go square without significant work. a 335 can run 255 in front without any fender work, etc. 

lol @ limp. I have to de-tune my car every time I go to the track because of that shit. seriously. #n55problems. I made it through 2 sessions of blackhawk with a custom stage 2 tune before going limp and having to drop down to a stage 1 OTS map. But for me it was boost pressure & temps definitely causing the issue. 

I think if I sprayed meth and had better oil cooling it would be workable. Clemens' 1-series M is running 4 custom oil coolers, if that gives any indication of what you truly need to run effectively at the track in these cars. 

It's definitely on my list of projects for next season. 

yeah i mean the n5x is the wrong platform to be tracking on if you want to be competitive. I'm guessing that OP and myself are just people who love our cars and so we want to track them anyway. There is a reason that you see almost NO n5x cars at any given HPDE. I've talked to people who try to argue this with me on the n5x forums but none of them actually go to track events so they don't know anything. 

turbo motors like these designed for low-midrange power, and that have tons of heat soak issues, difficult to keep cool, and the wrong dyno curve make less than desirable track cars. It is just reality. 

you and I have the same idea. I was looking at a prepped miata in the north chicago burbs just a couple months ago listed for like 8k. dude had just shy of 20k into it, fully set up for the track. 

then I realized I needed a new winter car so alas, the money is going to a subaru :(     

miata is bar none the most cost effective way to make good lap times. Get a spec miata and pull low 2:40's all day long at Road America and still drive the car home. 

• 1 month later...