WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1999 M3 daily driver running log

m42b32

16 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

glad to hear no more metal in the pan!

were those LEDs from R3V worth it? i almost got some for high beam bulbs, but changed my mind after finding 75w bulbs for like $10.

I'd say it depends on your application. They ultimately did not fit behind caps on my ZKW's so I only ran them for a day or two. Overall, maybe a 10-20% improvement over halogens, they are definitely brighter but didn't throw light much further, but I'll probably get 55w HID's for the low beams eventually. They are great for the fogs though since I didn't have to mount ballasts or deal with a lot of heat like HID's, and they take the fogs from useless to actually improving visibility closer to the car in dense Lake Michigan fog, so worth it in that application. 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

The factory specs on the e36 rear are horrible.  You'll get a lot of premature tire wear on the stock alignment with it.  It may not be the RTAB's.  

That is definitely possible... I recall my last e36 wearing the rears much faster than the fronts, I just didn't remember it being this fast. It does feel a little loose in the rear around turns so I guess changing them wouldn't hurt either way

26 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

are the rear tires worn evenly, or on the inner edges?

worn evenly = just you having too much fun.

Worn evenly, I guess I'm just having too much fun haha. I don't really drive aggressively, it's mostly highway miles so I was surprised I'm burning through them as quickly as I am.

From my understanding the combo of toe in and negative camber causes quick wear but zero toe and some negative camber will help the tires last better.  You may have to tell an alignment shop how to make the rear adjustments because most would probably assume there are no adjustments.  Eccentric bolt in the BBQ tong lower control arm for camber and the RTAB mount has slotted holes for toe adjustment.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to make a stop at the hardware store for some new wiper blades halfway home from work on Friday, couldn't see a damn thing. The cracked windshield really rips apart wipers. Anyone have any good recommendations for a windshield replacement? It's about time I did that... 

Also, went cruising around in the storm for a solid 2.5 hours last night, this car is unbelievably fun in the snow. Got some pictures last night too, really like these two:

30904815413_0b48bcff6c_b.jpg

30904822223_e65a6b8671_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

Not Novus glass if they have one nearby, the Platteville location removed my cracked window from my truck by kicking it out from the inside and vacuuming up the glass... I could have done that...

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I'm surprised they can do that legally lol. Imagine if they kicked the dash that hard 

On 12/18/2016 at 10:31 AM, wasnt m3 said:

I'd recommend Glass Pro for the windshield. They've done a couple of my personal cars and probably over a hundred for me at work. Great guys and prices are really good. Also, they won't put shitty Chinese glass in your car. I'd expect it to be right around $200.

Gave Glass Pro a call, got a quote for $250 installed which is pretty good compared to other places I called, seemed like a nice guy on the phone too. I'll be making an appointment after the holidays to get this thing sorted. Thanks for the recommendation!