WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New DD E60 528i

CMart

So I sold the V because of a horribly designed rear end and terrible gas mileage. I wanted to pick up something I didn't mind putting 25k miles a year on and would kill me on gas. I settled on an E60 as I have always like them. I thought about a 535, but knowing myself too well it would have been JB4'd within the week and I would have kept pushing it until I was back at square one.

Ended up picking a 2008 528i with 69k on the clock. Wont be touching it mechanically, but plan on fixing all the electronic bugs and add a nice wheel/suspension setup.

I figured I could use this to track all of the things I end up doing. Already fixed a door that didn't unlock remotely (just unplugged) a door that popped when you opened it (broken tab inside) and in the process set off the airbag light  :mad: . Basically just I just want everything fixed/working so when I sell it someone can enjoy it without a bunch of little things being wrong.

Want to look into the full screen nav swap, but not at the top of my list. 

It only came with 1 key so I need to buy 1-2 more of those. Passenger seat heater doesn't turn on (good things its summer), going to buy more plastic door rivets as half of them are broke now, I want to wrap the wood in carbon fiber, passenger side mirror is cracked, driver door has a ding, already picked up a roof rack, and a few other electronic things.

Here are a few (bad) pictures. Am I officially a BMW guy now?

17279524392_8a6e57b3f1_z.jpg

17093623458_8c94550709_z.jpg

I don't know why, but I have always liked these. And for what I picked it up for I'll be able to throe 40k miles on it and sell it for the same. 

Considered an E60 M5 and even the 545/550, but that would have put me back in CTS-V land. 

Investing > nice car priority right now.

i had such high hopes for you.  a late model e30 swap car, a cts-v, etc., but  a bangle-bungled e60? i know they ride nice, but is that an excuse for ugly? :D

And hold on one second - how do you not mention the truck - it is the epitome of class. Talk about disappointed.

FWIW, I think it is the taillights that have always drawn me to these. They look so badass at night.

Looks like a pissed off devil

29618930010_large.jpg

And hold on one second - how do you not mention the truck - it is the epitome of class. Talk about disappointed.

FWIW, I think it is the taillights that have always drawn me to these. They look so badass at night.

Looks like a pissed off devil

i said 'etc' because I knew I was missing something (yes the truck is awesome)

the taillights are pretty cool, I will give it that.

also, smart of you to buy a BMW that has cup holders.

I wont have the wheels until next weekend so I'll have time to think about the color. Still leaning towards black.

Does anyone know where I can buy an airbag code reader/clearer? I have an OBDII port that works, but I haven't found one that will definitely work on an 08 E60.