WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

There's a group called Wisconsin Bimmers up your way, and they run an annual ice 'event' ( really just a screw-around-on-ice day ). If they come calling and ask about running on any of your lakes, I recommend that you do everything you can to keep them away.

http://www.wibimmers.com/

Last weekend, they ran on Sinissippi and dumped at least one engine-full of coolant on the lake. And they left it. And they tried to blame it on another car... one which didn't lose any, and used a different color anyway.

These are obviously not the kind of people you want anywhere near a lake you want to keep using ( winter or summer ). They won't be welcome on Sinissippi anymore ( I'll park my car at the bottom of the boat launch, if necessary ), so if they try again next year, they will probably be shopping for a new location.

Heads up.

I think the OP is mostly rustled because he is all about competition driving/ice racing with stopwatches and serious faces while our group was out learning and enjoying a little car control clinic at a safe venue (as opposed to public streets) and viewed our event as if it was a bunch of kitted out subarus with drift charms, shitloads of e-cigs, dubstep, and asshattery

fixed.

The last get-together ended up with someone accusing someone from our group of leaking coolant all over the lake. It was a big enough topic that I thought I could re-post the complaint to keep the torch lit.

My apologies at a failed attempt at humor, I had no intentions to irritate anyone and as stated in the other thread, I am a jackass and was born this way.

I shall now fall on my sword and use my moderating powers to issue myself a temporary self-ban.