WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Looking for a new daily - input needed.

ClassE

Keep in mind that the service intervals have been extended on newer cars, in my opinion some of the reasoning is the free maintenance for x years deal, they don't care how much beyond warranty it lasts. 

This is only my opinion and I realize that modern lubricants are much better than what was available in the days of 3mo/3k miles oil changes.  FWIW I run Royal Purple HPS for 10k intervals and would continue to on any car I bought.

That E91 is calling my name - trying to arrange to see it Wednesday. If anyone here has any experience with that gen or engine, some insight would be greatly appreciated.

I loved my E90. But it started to nickle and dime me to death. As long as it was well maintained and maybe a CPO I'd say go for it.

Bonus points for the touring!

I loved my E90. But it started to nickle and dime me to death. As long as it was well maintained and maybe a CPO I'd say go for it.

Bonus points for the touring!

What kinda issues did you have? I don't know anyone who owns one - so the more info the merrier.

Driving to look at a 2008 328i auto sedan tomorrow - 90k miles.

Turning headlight motor - $1300

Passenger seat airbag sensor - $900

Sunroof skipped track and needed reprograming.

Electrical gremlin began rolling all my windows down whenever it felt like.

Mine had some prior damage unknown to me that caused some issues. Mechanically I took it from 18k to 80k with just a new battery and a coil pack to keep it going and I enjoyed every minute of driving it.