WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

17" wheel fitment on a E30

michael1972

Yeah that is a square setup on Collins car=) I think he may have a small spacer in the front or rear too. Fat tires definitely won't work all that well with the offsets your thinking though. 205/40 is what I would run if I had 16's. I have 205/40's on my 9.5's and 215/40's on my 10's.....my "fitment" is a little different than what you are after though. 

if you want better looks and better handling in one fowl swoop,

16x7.5 205/50

16x8 225/45

17x7.5 215/40

17x8 235/40 (roll fenders)

all should have an offset of about et20

anything wider than 8" and you lose performance in your tire, because you can't use the proper size.

if your car is not lowered, i'd go 15" or 16"

My car is lowered on h&r race and e90 hats

don't do adapters. I had some with DS1s for a little while, NOT worth the hassle. plus, you're going to have to run super narrow tires as you'll end up with an offset of et2 at a minimum.

I would even venture it say that 5-lug swap isn't worth the hassle either. If you want the big brakes, then, yes, its the best way to get them.  Yes, you get to chose from 5x120 wheels, but you won't be able to use those 16x8 et20 wheels anyways, since you'll need high offset wheels.

people spend so much time/money trying to make some oddball wheels fit, instead of just getting ones that are supposed to fit in the first place.  if you have some super rare or sentimental wheels, i can understand.  for dime-a-dozen e38 style 5s, it doesnt make sense.