WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Snow drift 2015 E30 project

M318

I got this california e30 325e 1987 for $450.

Motor was seized.

Got it to turn and start.

Head gasket was blown.

Replaced head gasket and did not deck head.

Head gasket still blown.

Bought and installed new e motor from Schmidts in New London.

Head gasket was blown.

Returned motor.

Bought e motor from craigslist from wibimmer member.

Installed motor and runs good after I adjusted the valves now starts in half a turn.

Wouldn't hurt to adjust them, its easy. Just need feeler gauges, 10mm wrench, and a smallish nail. Get a new valve cover gasket and the occur hose that goes from the valve cover to the throttle body. They are usually very hard/brittle. Sent from my potato phone

And boss skils. Each cylinder you adjust has to be top dead center on that cyl. There are a few good youtube vids on it.

Would a valve adjustment be why mine cranks for a bit before it starts?

It can. It can also cause lower compression in a cylinder, misfiring and so on. Most likely you just need a tune up.

My guess is he'll do a dip coat on it, he's been pushing his business doing that lately http://www.diptechdetail.com

I do have two different paints I could use... I have black and I also have this crazy cosmos blue with pearl and flake in it. Cost over $700+. I'm not sure which one I want to do. I will probally plasti dip it flat black before I take it to the ice drift meet. I am coming with 3 E30's and an E class 5spd.

I am blown away at how faded that dash is! Also

photo.jpg

How didn't I?

Oh idk Perhaps California jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

I got this car from some small hick town south west of Green Bay. I found it by posting an ad on craigslist about how I will buy your BMW. I was getting alot of calls and getting alot of first dibs! I got a call from some weriedo about this and I went and got it for 450 after some negotiation. I saw that it was previously titled in california. Had only been sitting for about a year with a blown head gasket. NO FREAKING RUST! Not even the right rear under the battery area! The interior was completely shot in every way due to  the sunroof being open and the right rear window. Strange thing is, the windows all worked! 

I do have two different paints I could use... I have black and I also have this crazy cosmos blue with pearl and flake in it. Cost over $700+. I'm not sure which one I want to do. I will probally plasti dip it flat black before I take it to the ice drift meet. I am coming with 3 E30's and an E class 5spd.

Need another driver to bring them? Lol