WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

4 door e30 opinons

michael1972

Cheap stuff is cheap stuff, IMO it isn't the worst to have a tiny wheel gap, I would rather not be paranoid about my oil pan and enjoy driving my car.  That car looks awesome, stick with tasteful upgrades not cheap stuff like Racelands/Joms etc and ruin it.  Beautiful car and congrats on the purchase, don't be taking that out in the salt.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap stuff is cheap stuff, IMO it isn't the worst to have a tiny wheel gap, I would rather not be paranoid about my oil pan and enjoy driving my car.  That car looks awesome, stick with tasteful upgrades not cheap stuff like Racelands/Joms etc and ruin it.  Beautiful car and congrats on the purchase, don't be taking that out in the salt.

Allready have one beauty queen in storage. Was gonna roll this one off and on all year long. I will drive my pos truck when its really bad.

post-2797-0-38751400-1417154162_thumb.jp

post-2797-0-76320500-1417154240_thumb.jp

post-2797-0-45459800-1417154339_thumb.jp

You can snag a set of e90 spring hats for $30 from the dealer to even out the front ride height with h&r race

Could you be a bit more specific as to what I need to get and do? Will this get rid of all the wheel gap. I would rather not use cheap coils. Actually Submuzik Boss still has all the stock e90 sport shocks and struts from his 325i. Are the spring hats part of the front strut assembly?

Between Valvoline ATF, Valvoline synthetic MTF, Lucas synthetic MTF, and Redline MTL there is a very tangible difference in shift quality when using Redline MTL.

Between Royal Purple, Redline, Lucas, and Valvoline in the diff I have never heard/felt any real difference between any of them.

I like valvoline max life 20w50

For temperatures consistently under 45F i run 10w40

The engine stays very clean inside and i have never had any issue running the engine extremely hard with that oil.

Between Valvoline ATF, Valvoline synthetic MTF, Lucas synthetic MTF, and Redline MTL there is a very tangible difference in shift quality when using Redline MTL.Between Royal Purple, Redline, Lucas, and Valvoline in the diff I have never heard/felt any real difference between any of them.I like valvoline max life 20w50For temperatures consistently under 45F i run 10w40The engine stays very clean inside and i have never had any issue running the engine extremely hard with that oil.

Ok so some synthetic 20w50 for the diff and am I good with RP in the MT? Thats what I used in my e39 and my e46 M3. and are we talking syn 10w30?

Oh ok. Got confused as to what you were putting 20w50 in. So either or, ir are you saying mix 10w40 with 20w50?

20w50 in the spring summer and fall.

10w40 in the winter

I had the MarkD chip

The chips for the eta definitely provide more notable gains. Good upgrade though.

Unfortunately you have low impedance injectors (ETA) otherwise id suggest upgrading to a more modern design

You could still upgrade but i never studied up on low impedance stock sized upgrades