WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

4 door e30 opinons

michael1972

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doors preferences vary. I like 2, but I either don't have or don't use the backseat in mine.

Just a 325? This would be the 2.7 e engine with lower horsepower and a torque curve set up for better mileage (unless the PO stroked it) versus the higher hp and higher torque curve 2.5 325i/is. Both can be fun, depends on your wants/needs.

Doors preferences vary. I like 2, but I either don't have or don't use the backseat in mine.

Just a 325? This would be the 2.7 e engine with lower horsepower and a torque curve set up for better mileage (unless the PO stroked it) versus the higher hp and higher torque curve 2.5 325i/is. Both can be fun, depends on your wants/needs.

Well the rear badge is just 325. So I assume its the e version. Do these suck or what? Will I be able to up the power a little bit somewhat easily with a cai or some other mod?

You could add a conforti chip for the 325e for a +24/28 hp/tq bump and a new 5300 red line for a bit more go.

If you're just looking for fun in autox you'll be fine. Also bring it out to the ice this winter.

But if you want to be competitive in autox find another car. Given classing structures in SCCA autox these days and what you have to run against, the e30 is not that competitive in e or i/is forms.

You could add a conforti chip for the 325e for a +24/28 hp/tq bump and a new 5300 red line for a bit more go.

If you're just looking for fun in autox you'll be fine. Also bring it out to the ice this winter.

But if you want to be competitive in autox find another car. Given classing structures in SCCA autox these days and what you have to run against, the e30 is not that competitive in e or i/is forms.[/quote

In that case anybody have a chip to sell? And yea the auto-x is just for fun.