WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Need a Trusted Mechanic *New to WI*

DJKapeesh

Question

I have a 2012 135i that has been experiencing some coolant leaks. Dealer said it was a head gasket, my mechanic in Georgia warned me that the pan gasket may start leaking. I have an aftermarket warranty and need a trusted dealer known to be able to work on BMW.

Does anyone have any suggestions? International isn't available until the 24th to work on it, Reina isn't available until the 27th. Coolant leak is severe. Start with filling it up in the morning and by night I have the coolant warning on again.

Suggestions please???

10 answers to this question

I have UV dye and a UV light if you want to see where it is leaking from. Located in New Berlin, would just ask for a cash donation to cover the cost of the UV dye. 

This would at least help reduce the diagnostic fees or possibly show you where its actually coming from. 

You will find conflicting opinions on this topic. 

The only dealer in town that I would ever take a BMW to is Concours. They provide excellent service and have a stellar reputation. I've used them for all warranty work on my prior CPO 135 and have nothing but good things to say about them. Steer clear of International Autos - they are some of the worst people. 

For independents, 2 popular options are Kummrow Auto (mentioned above) and also Milwaukee Motorwerks (in Waukesha). There will be people who tell you one is better than the other, that they are both questionable in quality, etc. They both run about $75/hr for labor which is literally half the price of Concours ($149/hr as of 2 weeks ago when I called them). 

I have personally had experience with Milwaukee Motorwerks and have been happy with their service. Every time I've gone there I've seen customers with higher-end BMWs in for service, which is always a good sign to me - Z3 M, M6, etc. They are predominately a BMW shop. As an indie shop I had to follow-up with them proactively but they were always polite and courteous, and my car was done when they said it would be. 

I have a 2012 135i that has been experiencing some coolant leaks. Dealer said it was a head gasket, my mechanic in Georgia warned me that the pan gasket may start leaking. I have an aftermarket warranty and need a trusted dealer known to be able to work on BMW.

Does anyone have any suggestions? International isn't available until the 24th to work on it, Reina isn't available until the 27th. Coolant leak is severe. Start with filling it up in the morning and by night I have the coolant warning on again.

Suggestions please??

Concours Motors

I am about 1 hr and 15 min from MIwlaukee. Would be mroe than happy to look at it. Diag cost would be $85. I use all bmw oem parts, which i get at employee pricing and do not upcharge. Have a lift and oem bmw scan tool. If you need to stay in the milwaukee area go to urban motorworx. Stay away from Kummrow. After seeing a e30 m3 they sold to a friend and a e30 track car they prepped I'd say the work is questionable. Anymore info please pm me.

Thanks