WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Greeting from Georgia!

DJKapeesh

New to Wisconsin from Georgia.

My name is Jordon & I relocated here this past month for a 2 year assignment for work. I was a member of ATLBimmers in Georgia for the past 5 years and have had 3 BMWs.

Currently I brought my most recent BMW with me to Milwaukee where I stay by.

Vehicle: 135i 2012 BMW, Alpine White w/ red interior (DCT) although I prefer stick personally :/

Looking forward to meeting everyone and would really appreciate advise for the upcoming winter!

post-3518-0-84880000-1412279074_thumb.jp

post-3518-0-53133600-1412279077_thumb.jp

Angel Jordon and Devil Jordan

5dfe91f3edba5e3424eb1d2aff609216.jpg

As far as winter. Where are you located? Diy car washes are sparse and any car wash becomes jam packed during the handfull of days above freezing. It saves a lot of stress to have the winter beater that can marinate in salt for 5 months.

Welcome! I actually live down in South Carolina during the school year (I go to The Citadel in Charleston). I have a quick question for you, do you know of any southeast or maybe even South Carolina forum/clubs I could get into? I'm having trouble connecting down here and it seems like all the forum I do find are dead. 

Welcome! I actually live down in South Carolina during the school year (I go to The Citadel in Charleston). I have a quick question for you, do you know of any southeast or maybe even South Carolina forum/clubs I could get into? I'm having trouble connecting down here and it seems like all the forum I do find are dead. 

ATLBimmers on facebook or Real ATLBimmers

They are primarily Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina. Not to mention that the biggest BMW meet in the southeast "4ngieFest" is in a couple weeks.

Welcome! Take the winter beater advice seriously, salt is no joke.

wtf brah I'm jordan. Shit this is gonna get confusing. Not sure how i feel about this  :huh:

we have a meet on oct. 18th be sure to come. 

advice for winter: buy a beater. Seriously. I use a 1999 Corolla with rust, dents, cracked windshield, mismatched hood, 250k+ miles.   :lol:

Unfortunately I didn't budget for winter beeter unless someone will be willing to take payments of $500 a month for one. Otherwise it looks like I will be using the gallon of waxy stuff suggested about :/

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Please let me know any other meets of gathering you will be having

ATLBimmers on facebook or Real ATLBimmers

They are primarily Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina. Not to mention that the biggest BMW meet in the southeast "4ngieFest" is in a couple weeks.

Unfortunately I didn't budget for winter beeter unless someone will be willing to take payments of $500 a month for one. Otherwise it looks like I will be using the gallon of waxy stuff suggested about :/

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Please let me know any other meets of gathering you will be having

you can get a beater for 500 bucks and usually fix it up a bit. I got my corolla for free cuz it didn't start and had been sitting for 10 months - $8 in spark plugs later from autozone, fresh oil and a fresh gallon of gas, and 2.5 minutes of cranking, the car turned over. 

If you aren't getting a beater, then you absolutely should get snow tires for your 1er. But if you get snow tires, I would assert that the same dollar amount would buy you a beater

Have you driven in snow before?

Once snow and twice Ice (which we mostly get in Georgia) and they don't plow it. How ever I am living in New Berlin and travelling into Milwaukee where I hear they plow.

you can get a beater for 500 bucks and usually fix it up a bit. I got my corolla for free cuz it didn't start and had been sitting for 10 months - $8 in spark plugs later from autozone, fresh oil and a fresh gallon of gas, and 2.5 minutes of cranking, the car turned over. 

If you aren't getting a beater, then you absolutely should get snow tires for your 1er. But if you get snow tires, I would assert that the same dollar amount would buy you a beater

I was debating a beater but my main concerns are:

Breaking down in the snow and cold, and heat and comfort of course.

I was all for buying the beeter but I am slighty looking forward to the morning self start timer for the heat that comes with my IDrive.....

I'm planning on having my coolant, battery done next week and looking at possible winter/ or allseason tires. Any suggestions?

This is of course If I don't go the beater option

• 2 weeks later...