WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So sick of Ferrari as a company

B C

My uncle (who works at MPI in Oshkosh) said that Ferraris starting with the 308 are actually pretty easy to work on. Time consuming with the engine removals up until the 360 (and 328 timing belts could be replaced w/o removing the engine), but overall Ferrari didn't do anything too incredibly stupid packaging wise.

Also, giving hope to those like myself who'd like to someday snag a 360, timing belts can be done in under 2 hours start/finish if you've done it before and have the proper tools.

Was that a mis-type, or does MPI have a facility in Oshkosh as well? I've never heard of them having a shop down by me, just their two in Appleton area (Neenah and Greenville I think?).

My uncle (who works at MPI in Oshkosh) said that Ferraris starting with the 308 are actually pretty easy to work on. Time consuming with the engine removals up until the 360 (and 328 timing belts could be replaced w/o removing the engine), but overall Ferrari didn't do anything too incredibly stupid packaging wise.

Also, giving hope to those like myself who'd like to someday snag a 360, timing belts can be done in under 2 hours start/finish if you've done it before and have the proper tools.

Was that a mis-type, or does MPI have a facility in Oshkosh as well? I've never heard of them having a shop down by me, just their two in Appleton area (Neenah and Greenville I think?).

You may be right, it's probably Neenah! I haven't spoken to him in a while and I just found out about him working there not too long ago.

This is funny.  Ramplesaucerburg and I were having a very similar convo the other day.  I'm a Lambo guy.  Nothing against Ferrari (although the items above are disturbing).  I think the L cars have more raw styling than the Ferraris.....which are more easily described as 'Beautiful'.

Best comparison, is a Ferrari is the nice girl you take home to mom, the Lambo is the hot mess you keep on the side.

Lamborghinis are great if you're 23 years old and want to get a whole bunch of blow jobs in the mall parking structure from girls who assure you they're 18.

Ferraris are great if you like driving.

Although lambo's are pretty much Audi's at heart now, and Lamborghini just takes care of the design aspect for the most part, the new Huracan looks and drives awesome from what I've read and watched.