WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So sick of Ferrari as a company

B C

http://jalopnik.com/ferrari-sent-deadmau5-a-cease-and-desist-about-his-purr-1627640534

maxresdefault.jpg

Recent news of Deadmau5 being threatened by Ferrari involving a de-felinization of his Purrari is just the latest in a long stream of douchebaggery by Ferrari Corporate to administer cease and desist / lawsuits to people who have modified Ferrari's in a manner not pleasing to Father Enzo

A list of stories I can think of just off the top of my head:

-Corporate demanding that a Ferrari 430 built to be a Nurburgring track car have its Ferrari emblems removed.

-Lawsuit against a man who made a stretch limo based on a damaged Ferrari

-Lawsuit against a man who went to Pinnifarina for some custom bodywork on his Ferrari

Ferrari Corporate withholding the sale of certain models to the general public and only allowing a select few hand picked customers to be eligible based on their Ferrari ownership history.

-Ferrari only allowing owners to lease certain competition package cars that you dont get to take home, Ferrari holds possession of the car and delivers it to different tracks only for track driving. 

I like some of their cars, but the elitist nature of their dealings with paying customers deters me from ever purchasing a Ferrari product.

.... oh and theres that money thing too. 

This is funny.  Ramplesaucerburg and I were having a very similar convo the other day.  I'm a Lambo guy.  Nothing against Ferrari (although the items above are disturbing).  I think the L cars have more raw styling than the Ferraris.....which are more easily described as 'Beautiful'.

Best comparison, is a Ferrari is the nice girl you take home to mom, the Lambo is the hot mess you keep on the side.

All of those Ferrari's you guys just listed were 3x the price of Lambos of the same era. Apples to oranges in my opinion.

I agree.  When you talk about the "competition" between the cars I don't even think it is fair.  Lamborghini was still a novelty that tried to kill you at every blink while the Ferrari's were mostly track focused true super cars made in limited volume.  The f355 would be closer in price to the Diablo but on paper the Diablo still competed with the F50.

My uncle (who works at MPI in Oshkosh) said that Ferraris starting with the 308 are actually pretty easy to work on. Time consuming with the engine removals up until the 360 (and 328 timing belts could be replaced w/o removing the engine), but overall Ferrari didn't do anything too incredibly stupid packaging wise.

Also, giving hope to those like myself who'd like to someday snag a 360, timing belts can be done in under 2 hours start/finish if you've done it before and have the proper tools.