WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WIBIMMERS Oktoberfest/ Autumnal Gathering 3 - Mid October.

rampelsauce

So for all of you that have been around long enough, I had a pretty big car meet at my old house and supplied a keg and pizza.  It ended in burning a NASCAR tire and a fully inflated tire on a bottle cap, me riding around my lawn mower like an idiot, and a lot of stuff people tell me that happened that I don't remember.

Anyhow.

The plan is sometime mid-October (date will be decided in early Sept. so you can plan ahead) we'll be throwing a similar meet up at my shop in Port Washington.

Sorry, no bonfire this time around.

Yes, I have a cruise route plan (tentative) and some great photo op areas.  If anyone wants to help me go through these plans, that'd be cool.  

The event will be free.  Free beer, free food, free seeing other BMW people(first come, first served, of course).  Donations will be accepted (but not expected) as I will be paying out of pocket.  For the good of the community.  

I learned a lot from the last events we put on, and the more we try to structure stuff the less enjoyable it is.  So we'll just plan on a time we'd have food and beers, and a time we're going to go for a cruise.  This can be an all day event.  I have enough parking available for everyone.  

I know Port Washington is out of the way for a few of you, but this should be a good time.  Plus its a great way to send off the car season with like minded individuals.  

Input is always welcome!  Let me know what you guys think.  

This sound great! 

One quick question though. Is there camping there or nearby? Not necessarily for me (if beer is involved maybe :)) but some to come from a distance. I am sorry if this is a newbie question as I did not search for info on last years event. 

This sound like fun. I myself have been known to cruise the grand kids around up north with a trailer on my mower and have had lawnmower and wheel barrel races too!

Looking forward to this. 

I have come to every October meet since becoming a member so I am hoping to make it to this=) 

Heck yeah.  Bring the Ti on a trailer!  Haha.

I just moved to Port Washington so this sounds awesome to me!

Why haven't we met?  Come by the shop and have a beer man!

Let's not cut the cruise short for burnouts this time haha

But..but... burnouts.  Seriously though, we're going to go with the flow.  Suggestions are more than welcome.  Whoever wants to come on up/down/over to Port and do some initial planning just shoot me a PM or give me a call/text. Most of you guys have my number.  

This sound great! 

One quick question though. Is there camping there or nearby? Not necessarily for me (if beer is involved maybe :)) but some to come from a distance. I am sorry if this is a newbie question as I did not search for info on last years event. 

This sound like fun. I myself have been known to cruise the grand kids around up north with a trailer on my mower and have had lawnmower and wheel barrel races too!

Looking forward to this. 

My house is right in front of the shop, so if you guys want to pitch a tent up there or sleep in your cars by the shop, be my guest.

How do you quit drinking beer? 740 Oakland Ave suite something or other.  Give me a buzz when you wanna swing through.

I just quit for the last few weeks because I'm training for a marathon. I'm stopping by Aaron's shop tomorrow to meet him and talk about some possible work on my car. I will try to swing through soon. It's nice knowing there is a BMW community up here.

Guest Dangeraaron29

I'm down to clown. My e21 will have suspension (providing as the drop ship from h&r in Germany doesn't take forever) and maybe not exactly where I want it to be, but that's why it's a project car right?!

Who wants to help go over the cruise route/talk about cars/drink beer/talk about the car meet some time soon?  Call it a planning party, but not really.

I have a few lake-side roads in mind with a couple of great photo op spots on the bluffs over looking beautiful and historic Lake Michigan.  

Im thinking next weekend if it's nice.  Probably try to nail down a date for the actual meet soon too.  Im thinking the 11th or the 18th.  I'm going to consult my psychic and see which day my aura will be its strongest.

Im in

I'm down to clown. My e21 will have suspension (providing as the drop ship from h&r in Germany doesn't take forever) and maybe not exactly where I want it to be, but that's why it's a project car right?!

We can drive up together

and Bassboy too