WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Trip to Colorado: looking for suggestions

bfraser30

I'm leaving on Sunday for 10 days on a trip to Colorado and New Mexico.

We will be driving through to the bad lands Sunday night, and then finish the trip to Denver Monday.

I'm looking for suggestions of things to do in the area, especially outside things and GOOD DRIVING ROADS. Most of our time will be in Denver and Colorado Springs. We're planning to do some disc golfing, rafting, mountain biking, hiking, and check out some of the National Monuments.

If anyone has spent time there and has things that are worth seeing please share some details. We have no reservations and plan to figure it out as we go! Hopefully the e30 will make the trip there and back ok :)

That should be fun, bring a few tools to stave off "murphy's law" and take the back roads.  We went to Alabama in May and I got AAA maps, laid them out on the table and drew a line along back roads with a highlighter and just followed it.  It was awesome, no GPS allowed.  Not sure if you have AAA but it is probably too late to request guidebooks anyway.  Stop at rest stops and browse the rack of brochures for local attractions.  Our next family trip will be out that way so I don't have any advice on what to see but I'm looking forward to the trip report.

No AAA, but we have a route planned out through SD to the badlands and then south we plan to follow with plenty of scenery stops on the way.

I have a few extra belts, some fluids, and a box of tools, but I'm hoping none of that will be necessary. I've spent the last few weeks getting the car ready for mountain roads.

We're looking to go further west for some mountain biking, not sure how far, but I'll definitely have to check out this peak to peak highway. My buddy just got a GroPro so hopefully I can get some cool driving clips together when we get back.