WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

DIY subframe bushing puller available for loan

BenDem

I recently made and sucessfully used a DIY subframe bushing puller on my e30.

It's based on this thread I found on Bimmmerforums:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1389953-A-better-subframe-bushing-puller

I hope I don't need it again.

If others want to use it, they are welcome to borrow it.  Here's how I'd like it to work:

I've loaned out the modified pitman puller and a pipe-cap (used for pressing in new bushings).  You'll need to supply your own 2 jaw gear puller to complete the package.

Once you are done with it, you can either hang on to it until someone else needs it, or return it to me.

All I ask, is as it makes the rounds if you have the kit, just post it here when you have it, when you are done with it, and who you loaned it to.  That way, I can track it down if I should need it in the future, and whoever else might need it can find it.

If you want to use it, just post a request to this thread.

If I've got it, and need to send it to you, figure on 8 bucks for shipping to anywhere in the state.  Paypal for shipping is preffered.

If you are getting it from someone else who is holding it,  it's up to both parties to work out shipping.  ( I think the way it's worked so far is the person who has it is paying to ship it to the next person...)

Keep in mind that whoever has it is responsible for returning it to me if I need it.

Boris3 just shipped the puller to CYoung, so the ball is in his court.

Good luck!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Just wanted to bump this thread in case anyone might need this DIY tool for e30 subframe stock bushing removal/install. It's a modified Pitman puller and pipe cap (new cap included since the old one was getting a bit trashed). You provide your own 2-jaw puller. See the first post in the thread for details. Not as fun as burning out bushings but it can help especially if you don't want to drop your subframe.  I found this in my basement recently and am happy to send it on to whoever needs.

Rich 

8 hours ago, Boris3 said:

Just wanted to bump this thread in case anyone might need this DIY tool for e30 subframe stock bushing removal/install. It's a modified Pitman puller and pipe cap (new cap included since the old one was getting a bit trashed). You provide your own 2-jaw puller. See the first post in the thread for details. Not as fun as burning out bushings but it can help especially if you don't want to drop your subframe.  I found this in my basement recently and am happy to send it on to whoever needs.

Rich 

I’m thinking I’ll probably use it this winter/spring on mine, so I’ll keep this in mind. Was just debating whether to buy the oem tool, this solves that!