WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Cosmos Resurrection

mkoepp

• 2 weeks later...

After I clean up the snow I am going to put it up on stands and start putting things back. I am not sure but I may need to source a later style rear sway bar and still need the exhaust repaired. ;

I should have my e39 by next Saturday and hope to make it out to the races. 

• 4 months later...

It has been a while since I have posted an update.

Due to issues beyond my control I have not spent too much time on the e28 for way too long.

I just finished recovering from a knee injury that kept me from doing anything for three weeks and just sprained my ankle! Just can’t win here.

During the brake and clutch bleeding process I discovered I have a hard line leaking at the rear of the car, just above the diff. I just got new line and unions. When I bought the shell the rear trailing arms were left on the car. They were tied up but during the move one of them ended up dragging on the ground and breaking the line.

I miss driving my E28 and have to get things going here. I am not far away from having a driving car! It will not be finished but will be drivable.

Once I can move it around I want to fit the rear valance and side skirts. It will be then when I decide to paint them or sell them. I did set the rear valance in place just to get an idea and I really liked how it changed the look at the rear of the car. I think the skirts will pull it all together. We shall see.

Until next time……                    

Happy Bimmering

• 3 months later...