WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Best wax/sealant for my 2006 e90?

Snyperx

So with winter months approaching I only have a short time to get my car prepped for winter. For the folks on here that have a bimmer as a DD what products do you use to prep the finish for Winter?? I plan on washing and claybaring, but am not sure on what polish and wax to use. Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edited by Snyperx

See my wife had a "prefessional detail" done for like $140 and it sucked. They did a really shitty job. the wax/sealant lasted like maybe a month. I kind of live in the world that no one washes my car except me. Then I know who to blame if it turns out bad:-)

I am kind of a Miguiar's guy, but thought about going to Klasse. I need a sealant that will last through the Winter months.

UPDATE: After researching on AutoGeek and a couple of other sites it would seem that the Collinite #845 Insulator Wax is a really good wax for us folks in the Snow Belt. I purchased a 16 0z. bottle form ebay for $16 with free shipping. According to what I read it has been around for ages and pro shops of been using it forever. Now on to find a cleaner/polish.

Posted Image

Edited by Snyperx

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: After researching on AutoGeek and a couple of other sites it would seem that the Collinite #845 Insulator Wax is a really good wax for us folks in the Snow Belt. I purchased a 16 0z. bottle form ebay for $16 with free shipping. According to what I read it has been around for ages and pro shops of been using it forever. Now on to find a cleaner/polish.

Posted Image

I'll check that wax out. good work on the research!

Other waxes I've had good luck with are P21s and Zymol as some higher priced options that last a long time. Otherwise good old Gliptone stays around for awhile. I usually wash, clay bar, light cut, buff, paint seal (Teflon), then wax which has been Zymol lately. Then just spray wax the car on a regular basis if it's just dusty to maintain the wax. If it's really dirty I'll wash it but try not to do that. Then wax it again on a monthly basis.

I might be anal...