WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
DrLeadFoot

The E46 M3 Journal

Been out of storage for about a tank of gas.  The battery had power but not enough to crank.  A quick jump and on the road again! 

Need some new rear tires and to go back to stock RTABs.  The polys are too noisy for me.

We are using the wagon for wagon things and swapped the kiddos seats into the m3.  A rear facing baby seat in a coupe is forced yoga.  Lol

20200411_173323.jpg

20200411_173347.jpg

20200406_071258.jpg

20200406_071317.jpg

20200403_145000.jpg

20200331_081916.jpg

Squeaks and thuds/rattling until they warm up and quiet down.  The recurring maintenance to grease them is what I'm not excited about.  Back to stock but will clock them correctly for the lowered suspension. 

You probably said it earlier but what brand?  I haven't had to re-grease mine in a couple years.  Are you sure the rattling isn't something else?  They should be tight enough that the poly stays tight in the trailing arm and the only movement is the sleeve turning in the poly.  I have seen some other designs that have an insert with a spherical bearing which is smart because it isn't completely a 1 dimensional movement at that joint.