WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The E46 M3 Journal

DrLeadFoot

I should throw the M3 some love.  Here we go!

Picture time!

10544195106_941cdc08e3_o.jpg

Baltimore, MD Trip

14079193281_2902f93b0a_c.jpg

14082381615_eaa9405e1f_c.jpg

14102389483_5095be6329_c.jpg

Some Oldies:

14082384535_39c4a80bbd_c.jpg

13895785637_5779e21531_c.jpg

Recent shots in past year:

14102438113_b750d1d6cc_c.jpg

13895750607_d355327cc0_c.jpg

13895713238_c66c2fefbd_c.jpg

For mods it has:

Engine

- "M3AN" (M3Forum) ceramic coated headers

- TMS carbon fiber intake

- Bimmerworld intake elbow

- Billy Boat muffler

Suspension

- H&R coil overs with a high spring rate.  Not sure what the #'s on them but they came off a dedicated track car (looking to get a different setup).

- 12mm rear spacers

- 15mm front spacers

- TMS rear reinforcement kit http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-91-e46-rear-chassissubframe-reinforcement-kit.aspx

Brakes

- Slotted rotors

- Hawk HPS pads

- Super Blue fluid (offroad use only)

ICE

- AUX input

What is its purpose.  The ECU should already have one and the gauge cluster display should already have one, so what is  that one for? 

It is to relocate the stock one. From what I'm told this is a better location for a reading to deliver MOAR POWER. Pics to come.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I saw this thing the other day. You were on Maryland I think, going past locust street towards UWM. I was in a blue e46 coupe on locust. 

That was me! I thought I saw you on Lincoln Memorial.

Well the ECU or OBD port isn't talking to the computer.  I will have to send the ECU to the tuner for him for the flash. 

Any info on this for the 2003 models?

Do you have power coming out of the OBD port?  Check fuses and use an LED test light to check power on the port.

It has power but it just doesn't "talk".

Is it a COM port problem with your computer?  Did you try other USB ports?

It's the car. When emissions comes up we have to have a bmw tech take the car over there with the prologic computer to show that it works because the dmv scanner doesn't read it.

Man the ECU's In your life just aren't treating you well LoL. 

The tide is turning!

We shall overcome!!!!

• 1 month later...

I've been doing some reading and I think the ECU needs an update due to a recall.  Some of them are encrypted and regular scanners can't read the ECU. 

I need to get the oil changed soon so I will get this done then. 

Some of the window switches got a little loose the replacements are in the glove box. Hopefully this weekend will allow a lot of progress.

This rain is really cramping the M3's style.  She needs a detail!!

This past Thursday I took the DME out and overnight shipped it to Tuning Tech by Frank Smith for a engine and SMG flash.

UPS lost the DME for 24 hours then it suddenly appear on my tracking info scheduled for delivery Monday at 8:30AM.

Pissed off to say the least. Hopefully it can be shipped back to me before the 4th.

This past Thursday I took the DME out and overnight shipped it to Tuning Tech by Frank Smith for a engine and SMG flash.

UPS lost the DME for 24 hours then it suddenly appear on my tracking info scheduled for delivery Monday at 8:30AM.

Pissed off to say the least. Hopefully it can be shipped back to me before the 4th.

You gotta love that UPS. They lost my two rear Varrstoen wheels back when I had my e39. Took a month before they closed the case and called them offically lost so the vendor could get a claim and would ship me out two new ones. Talk about BS.

6ady6azy.jpg

aze4y5em.jpg

ata5usav.jpg

Started to swap out my broken window switches but only got half of it done due to me not checking what parts I ordered. Driver side was the correct part and the passenger was for a convertible.

Ultimate DRIVING Machine. Yes. The driver is the only one that needs a new window switch.

In other news... the freshly tuned DME + SMG upgrade will/should be arriving tomorrow via USPS. Then I can really stretch the legs of the one new window switch. #rollininmy3.2withthewindowdownsomyhaircanblow