WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The E46 M3 Journal

DrLeadFoot

Thing won't shift into gear. Flashes 0. Not sure what's up. I know if measures the psi on the slave to make sure the clutch is disengaged.

Hood is closed. Hood latch sensors plugged in. Ugh!!

Matt from Urban Motorworx came over. They key chip is talking to the computer. Getting a failure to start.

The shifter is outputting a signal. Switched the smg relay from the old motor that I know works.

Fuses 14 & 30 tested good.

SMG fluid is topped off.

I cleaned off the smg harness connector. With electrical cleaner. It had water in the connector and protective cover.

Oil level sensor?

I think the smg needs to be bled because it isn't shifting into gear when the key is on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is a traditional 6spd a huge endeavor to swap? Im sure the dealer will get this all sorted out quickly but just curious if the swap is more hassle than its worth/better off buying a non-smg

All I would need is a bell housing, a third pedal and shifter linkage. Probably some other odds and ends. The gearbox on the smg is the same as a 6 speed.

Want to keep the smg so the wife can drive it.

Is a traditional 6spd a huge endeavor to swap? Im sure the dealer will get this all sorted out quickly but just curious if the swap is more hassle than its worth/better off buying a non-smg
All I would need is a bell housing, a third pedal and shifter linkage. Probably some other odds and ends. The gearbox on the smg is the same as a 6 speed.

Want to keep the smg so the wife can drive it.

Teach the wife some clutch kicking!!

All I would need is a bell housing, a third pedal and shifter linkage. Probably some other odds and ends. The gearbox on the smg is the same as a 6 speed.Want to keep the smg so the wife can drive it.

Teach the wife some clutch kicking!!

She was in New York City for 9 years right after high school without a car. She has been practicing her skills on the 2001 Cherokee. We're taking the ultimate driving experience slowly.