WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The E46 M3 Journal

DrLeadFoot

Guest bigjae1976

Probably the sunroof seal. There's a tube that runs from the edge of the sunroof to the door frame. Might not be connected or something. Might need to drop the headliner.

You could look at my car and see what you are dealing with. The headliner is out but the sunroof cassette is still in...for now.

I didn't see any broken bolts or cracked anything.

It sounds and feels like the CSB but the diff had a little play in it and it was making some noise when I had it jacked up and was spinning the wheels like Jam Master J.

There has been a new vibration the past 200 miles once I hit 100mph. Anything above/below that it is fine.

I would definitely believe it's the CSB.  Mine was making HORRENDOUS noise before I replaced it to the point that I thought my diff was gone, my clutch was exploding, my drive shaft was falling out, my wheels were gonna fall off, etc.  

Turns out replacing the guibo and CSB fixed it all.  I had a severe clunk when taking off from a stop, banging/ clunking on decel around 25 mph - 35 mph and a vibration between 65 mph and 75 mph.