WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

e21 in Menasha

HipMF

I got a thread started for the car over at bimmerforums. BassBoy pointed me to this forum so I thought I'd introduce myself here. No big plans for the car, just need to fix all of the little issues it has and clean up some of the stuff that's kind of sketchy looking. Hoping to do some sort of driving school/autox/track day this summer. Picked up a rear filler panel at Gibsons this morning and snapped a pic in front of the Polish Connection on the way back.

post-3449-0-09245100-1398879420_thumb.jp

Welcome! Your cal looks great. There are getting to be a few e21's on here, yours may be one of the few that drives. m10/4spd?

i had a wtb ad on craigslist for a month. the only responses i got were from a guy north of madison with a really clean maroon colored one who also has a bavaria and a guy in miniapolis. there was a for sale ad in menasha for 3 2002s and i swore there was an e21 in behind one of them in one of the photos. i e-mailed the guy but he didn't get back to me so i guess he wasn't interested in selling it.

oh, and there's one sitting in the dirt next to a house on 47 just south of black creek. i knocked on the door once but no one answered

I actually lol'd quite hard at that, because anyone familiar with the area knows EXACTLY where that is.

Nice looking car and welcome!

Yep, the site they used when they were dredging the PCBs from the river. I really wanted a photo with the bridge in the background, but you have to get really close for it to be noticable in the picture and this was the best spot I could find. Works for me.

Guest 328ci

Good looking e21! Is that picture from where you live? Isnt that right where they had all those containers for all the dredging that they did in the lake?

Always good to see a member from a familiar area!

You should come out to the Wednesday night weekly meets at Dickeys BBQ Pit on KK in Darboy. Would love to check this thing out

edit: maybe I should read more! Now that you mention that spot, might have to go try it for pictures  :shifty:

also, Gibbsons is awesome. I go there even when I dont need anything, just to look around lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be on 1st shift next week to get some training on a new machine my company just bought, so I'll bring the car out and get some BBQ.

Update: Training postponed until next week (the 11th), so won't be able to make it. Have a meeting to go to after work next week, so not sure if I'll be able to make it. Will try though.

• 4 months later...