WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So, what are you listening to?

Narcosis

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

the lyrics are poetic and the story is hilarious and creative.

but that is some awful noise in my ear

That's Steve Albini for you. He's a quite the character.

The dissonance seems appropriate for a song about someone who's created a boogie man, and then gone through a lot of pain and suffering to avoid it, only to realize later that the problem they're trying to solve never existed in the first place. Plus there's squirrels which adds a sarcastic kind of comedy to it. Not exactly uplifting, but that's life sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2018 at 8:48 AM, straight6pwr said:

i've been driving e30s for over a decade and when I drive mine I still grin like a fricken teenager who's just touched his first pair of boobs.

i wish my second car could also be an e30.

if you could snort e30s, I would.

long live e30s.

This is how I imagine @straight6pwr driving his car, complete with more than a couple double entendre.

• 1 month later...

because someone said Otis:

For those in the know, the entire track is based off a riff from a Funkadelic song...

Edit: In hindsight, (according to Benjamin) this isn't a song, because it doesn't have any lyrics, so we'll call it a "track". 😁

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 1:15 PM, Jdesign said:

Admittedly, I made a roll eyes at the words "trap nation". Did a listen and it weren't so bad. Good example of a vocal makes better of a song despite it's trappings (har har).

Here's anuder Juan (soz, into is long).

bonus BMW water pump iconography.

11 hours ago, HipMF said:

Admittedly, I made a roll eyes at the words "trap nation". Did a listen and it weren't so bad. Good example of a vocal makes better of a song despite it's trappings (har har).

I feel the same way about "trap" and its use. It that case its just someone reposting it on their Soundcloud page and its not the actual artists name.

• 4 months later...

Our UPS driver at work likes to do music trivia with our materials team. On tuesday he played "it's my life" by talk talk on his phone and gave them a multiple choice to guess who it was by. Our materials team isn't so musically inclined, so no one got it right. The he asked "What 90's band covered this song". Somehow, I managed to pull this one out of my ass. Even though I've heard both versions, I don't think I've ever realized that the No Doubt version was a cover...

Unrelated? I've recently been digging into some early punk/goth stuff.  Like the dance/ska tunes shown above, it's often dominated melodically by the bass line as opposed to the guitar parts...