WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So, what are you listening to?

Narcosis

1 hour ago, Rekpoint said:

Y'all are old 😂😂. I listen to trash rap and numetal lol

Yes, yes we are lol.  I have no idea what trash rap is but I am familiar with numetal since I was alive when it was invented.  I still pull some Slipknot or Static-X out once in awhile but I stopped listening to most of it.  I could still most every word to Korn's Follow the Leader album but couldn't tell you the last time I cared to listen to it.

I've also been on an embarrassing country music kick lately, I'm not sure where that came from... Don't get me wrong, I love me some Waylon Jennings, Marty Robbins, The Mavericks, and such, but lately I've been listening to some country radio stations at work and discovered I don't hate *every* song they play.

That being said, if I hear Florida Georgia Line I have to physically wrestle myself away from driving off the only bridge in my city. I can't swim. I would literally drown to death with a smile on my face if it prevented me from hearing those cock-gobbling fuck heads cry into a mic for 4 minutes while pretending to be "country" for a bunch of stupid fucking high school city girls.

• 1 month later...

"Love yourself" is actually just a perverse amplification of the phrase "Be yourself", which is paradox that is actually designed to make people LESS comfortable with who they are. You are always being yourself, regardless of what you do. Are you afraid? You're being yourself. Do you have doubts? You're being yourself. The phrase "Be yourself" implies that you should be self-conscious or even ashamed of these feelings because in some way you should just have the confidence to "Be yourself". "Love yourself" takes it a whole 'nother level into the bizarre and confusing by implying that you should feel bad if you don't love yourself, even though by this point it's unclear which version of yourself we're even talking about; your actual self that doesn't have the confidence to be it's self, or the version of your self that is ashamed of your actual self for not having the confidence to be who they really are.

Mic drop. HipMF out.

Somewhat obscure metalcore band from the heydays of the genre. I've always been the type to listen to complete albums beginning-to-end, and this one is a good one IMO.

Music is all about intervals. Beats and tempo are intervals in time. Notes are intervals in pitch. The thing that really impresses me is when a band is able to create an interval of emotion that carries the listener along with them. It's impressive to be able to really dial-in and perfect the expression of a single emotion, but to be able to create transitions and segues that are relatable to the audience and can take you from one place to another and back again that really makes for an interesting and meaningful listening experience.

Just thought I'd say "hello" again.

4i8Ax1H.jpg

Hashtag - Grindcore, Noise, Abstract, Avantgarde, Drone, Experimental

For the record, I bought this back in the day for the Pizurlaun "side", and it's fantastic. All of tracks can be found on the youtube if you search "Piz Urlaun". Check the views. So hipster.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@HipMF

I have been using Youtube a lot lately to stream music on my desktop. there are a TON of live streams with Zero ads completely free. Its worth a look if you sit at a glowing screen all day listening to music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CyLYIZ9Dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp0cp38PcfA

Ryan Celsius Is pretty good too. He has a bunch of different tasteful styles and videos to boot. It seems like a lot of his streams are go pro videos mounted on the front of cars/buses as they drive around in Tokyo which souds dumb, but makes for some nice backdrop filler.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWcDNVDsIJw&t=256s

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to find something less ominous and tone-like to play at the shop. Picked up some Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I was trying to point out Ben that they're actually kind of ominous and tone like; especially on B.R.M.C (which I've been listening to a lot, and is a really good album), but also in some of their more popular and well known stuff.

The slide guitar and chant-like vocals here for example:

Or this outro

Found out today that in 2008 they actually did an entire album of almost nothing but ominous tones. Thought that was humorous...

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't heard this one in years, but it came up randomly while I was torturing Ben with bad music this past weekend.

Lyrics:

This is a sad fucking song
We'll be lucky if I don't bust out crying

How does it feel?
Your night light, your curling iron
Lit up by the sweat of others
For many's the day
But not from November to May

The floor is littered
With woodchips and apple cores
And hulls of acorns
There is a chattering sound

Because they were squirrels; real squirrels
(And there were thousands)
This isn't some kind of metaphor
Goddamn, this is real

In an interview with Robert Becraft for F News Magazine, Steve Albini said:

The Squirrel Song is basically just a short story. It’s just about this guy who becomes suspicious of the power of the distribution grid and he wants to separate himself from it, so he builds a squirrel-powered generating plant so that way he can be self-sufficient. The problem is, of course, he has all these squirrels, and he then has to tend all the squirrels, and it takes up all his time. And they only really generate enough power to keep the lights on in the squirrel house. Even then, they hibernate all winter. Also, this dude has invented this boogie man [in] the power grid, [and] he decides to sidestep it by building a squirrel power plant that ends up totally consuming his life – and it doesn’t accomplish what he wants it to.