WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Jake's Epic BMW 135i Build Thread! (5+ Years of Ownership)

suspenceful

your video production is excellent, and thank god someone who knows wtf they are talking about is making videos for the masses.

however, i beg you to please stop with the click-baity titles and video stills. just say what is in the video! you know why I don't like it? it wastes my time. i have to watch part of the video to figure out wtf youre going on about. it would be nice to know before i click and not waste my time.  it makes me want to punch you in the face. and you're a nice guy, so, I feel guilty about that. but the urge is still there. you don't do it every time, but you are creepin into that zone.

For instance:

"The BEST Thing About BMW's in the WINTER! Do you have it?!one1OMG! "

RWD? Traction control? Heated seats? WTF are you talking about?

Instead try:

The rest button feature of my BMW: things are going to get heated

In summary:

Dont be click-bait Jake.

/rant

:D

10 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

your video production is excellent, and thank god someone who knows wtf they are talking about is making videos for the masses.

however, i beg you to please stop with the click-baity titles and video stills. just say what is in the video! you know why I don't like it? it wastes my time. i have to watch part of the video to figure out wtf youre going on about. it would be nice to know before i click and not waste my time.  it makes me want to punch you in the face. and you're a nice guy, so, I feel guilty about that. but the urge is still there. you don't do it every time, but you are creepin into that zone.

For instance:

"The BEST Thing About BMW's in the WINTER! Do you have it?!one1OMG! "

RWD? Traction control? Heated seats? WTF are you talking about?

Instead try:

The rest button feature of my BMW: things are going to get heated

In summary:

Dont be click-bait Jake.

/rant

:D

Have you read my username title? :P

I will admit the winter BMW feature video was a stretch. I don't think the video I just posted was clickbaity at all though.

Gotta play the content game if you want to succeed. You have to give someone a reason to click if you want them to even think about watching your video. With how many people are in the YouTube realm now and with how much content there is out there, you have to do what you have do. Pretty much all content creator driven channels do it, even the big ones. With only one platform with that has the user base (YouTube), you have to play the game and the cards that are given to you. If you make good content, everything else falls by the wayside as you grow a following, including clickbait titles.

On 4/6/2018 at 7:43 PM, YoungCR said:

what are the benefits of the intake?

I would hope it eliminates the sandwiched port injection plate by having injector bungs in the runners. 
If I'm wrong it would seem like a very large cost for a bit more hp assuming the flow rates were compared with stock. 

It would be interesting to see a dyno chart with the same car only controlled variable being the intake. 

On 4/6/2018 at 2:07 PM, snap said:

When is the dyno day?

I have a few things to tidy up (and the weather hasn't been helping) before the dyno. But I'm going to be scheduling something in May. There is a performance shop right down the road from me that is installing a Mustang dyno right now. I'm hoping they finish before May, otherwise I will take it down to Late Model Throttle.

On 4/6/2018 at 7:43 PM, YoungCR said:

what are the benefits of the intake?

Elimination of the sandwich port injection plate I'm currently using. So less potential leaking surfaces. And it has been shown to pick up 23whp and 16wtq at 18psi with no other changes. I plan on running 26-30psi, so the gains should be even better.

Two less important factors: it won't blow up. Some people with port injection have blow up the plastic manifold between shifts on a manual trans. And... it looks cool!

On 4/6/2018 at 10:47 PM, patsbimmer1 said:

When's the closed deck happening?  1,000whp or bust!

We'll see how long this current motor lasts. I still have my old one I'd like to build!

12 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

I was told it looks cool

It does.

attachment.php?attachmentid=51382&d=1477

1 hour ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I would hope it eliminates the sandwiched port injection plate by having injector bungs in the runners. 
If I'm wrong it would seem like a very large cost for a bit more hp assuming the flow rates were compared with stock. 

It would be interesting to see a dyno chart with the same car only controlled variable being the intake. 

There is a dyno chart, but it's hard to dissect exactly what's going on: https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/attachments/file-jun-23-8-29-40-pm-jpg.7/

It did pick up 23whp and 16wtq at 18psi, and eliminates the port injection plate.

2 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

The car is currently at Legend Auto in Dale, Wisconsin getting a custom exhaust fabbed up! They've treated me very well and have been great to work with. Would highly recommend them for any fabrication or automotive installation needs!

Teaser pics:

that looks weld-done

11 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

There is a dyno chart, but it's hard to dissect exactly what's going on: https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/attachments/file-jun-23-8-29-40-pm-jpg.7/

It did pick up 23whp and 16wtq at 18psi, and eliminates the port injection plate.

If I had to take a guess it would confirm my thoughts of more HP with less bottom end torque. Not a massive difference in the bottom end which is cool. 

It does indeed look like the HPF manifold.

Bring on the boost!

9 minutes ago, snap said:

^^Or if it can be like every video ever filmed in the hood where someone gotsta tell erbody how it is out in deez streetz, 414 representin ,norfside, Hampton, Locust st. we DGAF, we drankin,  but its a struggle out here you know, you know how it is, and o shit we gotcha boy sammie-P out here, Triple Threat, T.K.M., Reggie the wonderboy Roberts, AJ, Mousey, and dont forget yuh boy Mikey, we keepin it real tho,   nahmsayn?

Even I struggled to read that. Nicely done.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:02 AM, suspenceful said:

Will do, I'll probably make an update in this thread when the time comes. Anyone is welcome to swing by if available... as long as you don't mind starring in a vlog!

LMT is local so I'd definitely show up to check this out. I'll always find an excuse to go do car stuff! lol 

If the timing works out maybe I'll bring the M3 and see if I can come to even within 150 hp of this monster :lol:  I'd like to see if I can crack 550 without going catless

In case anyone wants to know how much money I've wasted on this turd...

“How much did it cost to go single turbo?” I get asked this question all the time, so I made a video that answers it. Every penny I spent and a parts list of EVERYTHING you need!

Yes, it's kinda long. But you can watch at 2x speed if you click the video settings gear icon.