WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Jake's Epic BMW 135i Build Thread! (5+ Years of Ownership)

suspenceful

4 hours ago, suspenceful said:

I think it's safe to say I have a problem at this point. Is there a # of BMWs one must own at the same time for it to be classified as an addiction?

Financial suicide, yes . Addiction, suggests an involuntary action. We know what we are doing.  We just call them spare parts, summer cars, winter beaters etc...  I have 7 so, your good.

Well according to some of you guys, I definitely have an addiction then lol. I ran out of room at my house so I brought my F80 to my parents house. And I have two 135i's that don't run, and one 335i that barely limps along. The F80 and my other E90 are my only working BMWs 😆

I'm glad I have a good support system here though, fellow BMW owners who can relate and encourage me to keep being irresponsible.

Anyways, I got a DME, CAS, JBE and key from a part out to get this 135i back together. I also pulled the cluster and powered it up externally to see if it really had 11k miles, then tried firing the old girl up after sitting for years.

Couldn't get her to kick over on her own, but she did after I dumped a little fuel down the intake. If anyone has ideas on what I could do to get this thing to fire up under it's own power, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

We finally got her to start on her own! Embarrassingly, it only needed some more fuel. Apparently, the gallon and a half we initially added wasn't enough to make its way into the pump, the tank must've been completely dry.

It had a grumpy start after hibernating for so long, but we couldn't believe how well we ended up getting it running! Unfortunately, the transmission left us stuck in the garage, but we're going to add some fluid and see if it'll make it down the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...