WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

UUC DSSR?

andyhundley

I bought a IE catback so I might as well just drop the driveshaft/exhaust to make everything easier to get to since I have to swap the selector joint from a 89+ g260. I'll post pics when I tackle this little project. Thanks for the input guys. Also Rowleym, I hope to see your final product if you go through with it.

You would just adjust it to the length the one you are removing is=) You could even shorten or lengthen it to see what effects it has. It would make sense to see what the shortest one anyone would need is and then what the longest one is and make it work within that range.

A potential bad thing about it being adjustable is the fact that it transfers rotational force.  Any adjustment would be rotational (threaded rods, jam nuts, etc).  Therefore this adjustment could potentionally loosen and cause failure, or at a minumum horrible perfromance.

Yes, if it's thightened, you should be fine, however it is just a bad idea on a part like that.

I am already in the works of making these, I have yokes for the G260 and ZF trans, and E36 M3 shifter, and have lengths and twists worked out. The yokes have been made, and just waiting to weld them up.

Cool, I will be in for one for my e30.  As long as it is cheaper than the UUC.

• 2 months later...
Guest bigjae1976

Some selector rods have a subtle bend.

I do like the idea of a double shear rod. I've had one in my 330 and M3...makes a significant difference. I'd go with AKG, just better quality. I got a DSSR for my 330. Spend 4 hours trying to get it on. One of the ends were a slightly off so it would not go on. They said it wasn't possible. I bitched and they did an exchange. The new one went right on.