WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Jdesign

Jdesigns 93 E30 Vert boring build Thread thing...

What about a Mtech 1? I think they're a little cleaner than the other two you posted, but it might still be a little big.

01.jpg

Otherwise, there's the Zender one, which is a little slimmer. Kinda weird looking IMO, but still an option.

bmw-325is-s52-air-ride-e30-8_featured.jp

19 hours ago, P_Roloff said:

What about a Mtech 1? I think they're a little cleaner than the other two you posted, but it might still be a little big.

Mtech1 is meant for metal or Euro bumpers. Those images you posted are also all shown on metal bumper cars. They wont bolt up the same and are different lengths from what I understand. Also the Mtech1 has groves on the edge of it that wouldnt flow with the rest of my kit and would need to be sanded out.

Image result for Mtech 1 rear bumper E30

Now I have seen someone that grafted an Mtech2 bumper under the oem plastic rear bumper and it looked great. The problem I have with that is 1) Roughly $200 for a rep bumper that I will have to destroy to work 2) The squarish lines of the Mtech dont really match that of the rest of the Rieger kit.

The Zender rear apron is a good fit, but finding the right style that fits is not as easy.

Zender A:

BMW-E30-ZENDER-REAR-3-PIECE-SPOILER-lip-

Zender B:

Image result for zender rear E30

And IMO B is too wide but looks much better. Either way I think I will have to make something custom to get the look I am after.

After Earl told me that my idea of the E36 rear lower bumper was ugly, I photoshopped it to portray a better understanding of what I have visualized in my head. What are your guys thoughts? I would more or less just use the sides of the lower portion and shave the middle of the E36 bumper. 

E30_E36 Rear bumper sides.jpg

Still waiting on my ECU for this car. I just recently was informed that they will be arriving at the headquarters this week and will ship out immediately. Im not holding my breath. Im not sure how a company can promote a product that is not in stock and will take 3 months to restock. Im already frustrated and haven't even received my product yet.

I did order new tires for the rear wheels and am looking into getting Swift springs with higher rates. Maybe I will drive this once this year?

UPDATE.

I have an ECU in my hands.

I have had it actually. Its really the smallest, lightest ECU I have ever seen. Its about the size of an iPhone Plus.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Now I just need to find time to wire it into the car.. 

Thats the update. 😕

18 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

When's the next update doc?

No pictures, but I will have some soon enough. I just got new tires installed on the rear last night. I went from a 215/40 down to a 205/40. The tires were rubbing in the rear a bit and there is no more room to pull the arches out without doing bodywork. I plan on calling BC today to figure out the rear spring dimensions and so that I can order some swift springs at a higher rate as well. 

Wiring will likely be last amoungst the other list of things I need to do..

00F92543-74FD-446C-84DF-B62CAC8A3F83.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Soon enough....  it's been like almost a year.

Very sad isnt it. I have been busy trying to free up space and thin the herd so I can put my focus back on this car. 

9 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

Very sad isnt it. I have been busy trying to free up space and thin the herd so I can put my focus back on this car. 

Don't put it on the car, maybe next to it.

Image result for ford focus + BMW e30

Dang Brucie! Tell me how you really feel. 

I moved this car 5 feet forward this weekend,

then back again. I needed access to the tire machine. 

Don't worry, its time is coming. I didn't intend on having it on the road this year, but I will admit I am behind schedule on what I wanted to complete. I have 2 bins and trunk full of new parts, I am just approaching things in a systematic order vs. my normal "everything a little here and there."