WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

19 hours ago, P_Roloff said:

What about a Mtech 1? I think they're a little cleaner than the other two you posted, but it might still be a little big.

Mtech1 is meant for metal or Euro bumpers. Those images you posted are also all shown on metal bumper cars. They wont bolt up the same and are different lengths from what I understand. Also the Mtech1 has groves on the edge of it that wouldnt flow with the rest of my kit and would need to be sanded out.

Image result for Mtech 1 rear bumper E30

Now I have seen someone that grafted an Mtech2 bumper under the oem plastic rear bumper and it looked great. The problem I have with that is 1) Roughly $200 for a rep bumper that I will have to destroy to work 2) The squarish lines of the Mtech dont really match that of the rest of the Rieger kit.

The Zender rear apron is a good fit, but finding the right style that fits is not as easy.

Zender A:

BMW-E30-ZENDER-REAR-3-PIECE-SPOILER-lip-

Zender B:

Image result for zender rear E30

And IMO B is too wide but looks much better. Either way I think I will have to make something custom to get the look I am after.

After Earl told me that my idea of the E36 rear lower bumper was ugly, I photoshopped it to portray a better understanding of what I have visualized in my head. What are your guys thoughts? I would more or less just use the sides of the lower portion and shave the middle of the E36 bumper. 

E30_E36 Rear bumper sides.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Still waiting on my ECU for this car. I just recently was informed that they will be arriving at the headquarters this week and will ship out immediately. Im not holding my breath. Im not sure how a company can promote a product that is not in stock and will take 3 months to restock. Im already frustrated and haven't even received my product yet.

I did order new tires for the rear wheels and am looking into getting Swift springs with higher rates. Maybe I will drive this once this year?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

When's the next update doc?

No pictures, but I will have some soon enough. I just got new tires installed on the rear last night. I went from a 215/40 down to a 205/40. The tires were rubbing in the rear a bit and there is no more room to pull the arches out without doing bodywork. I plan on calling BC today to figure out the rear spring dimensions and so that I can order some swift springs at a higher rate as well. 

Wiring will likely be last amoungst the other list of things I need to do..

00F92543-74FD-446C-84DF-B62CAC8A3F83.jpeg

• 9 months later...

Dang Brucie! Tell me how you really feel. 

I moved this car 5 feet forward this weekend,

then back again. I needed access to the tire machine. 

Don't worry, its time is coming. I didn't intend on having it on the road this year, but I will admit I am behind schedule on what I wanted to complete. I have 2 bins and trunk full of new parts, I am just approaching things in a systematic order vs. my normal "everything a little here and there."

• Jdesign changed the title to 1JZ E30 Vert Build Thread Thing...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I did a thing over the weekend. I  was on the hunt for a door for the girlfriends car and found one in Illinois. I ended up driving to chicago to with intentions of buying the door but it was damaged and I couldn't come back empty handed.. in turn, stumbled across something Ive been pondering for some time and it was in great shape and the perfect price.

A hardtop.

IMG_1983.JPGIMG_1984.JPGIMG_1985.JPGKNGH2382.JPG

The headliner is sagging (as are most) and the canvas does have some small flaws, but overall it's exactly what I needed. I intend on building a Panoroof and using this top to make molds, and a jig, but for now Im going to clean this one up and use it as is until im ready to take on that challenge. Ive been slowly trying to reduce the amount of irons I have in the fire so I can focus on this car.

• Jdesign changed the title to 1JZ E30 Vert Build Thread with Pastry filled wheels