WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So, this may or may not turn into a build thread of my car. I just have some time today and figured I would share some photos. I have a swap waiting to get torn down and installed next winter, but as of now, I am focusing on the suspension. The car is a 1993 BMW 325IC e30 Vert. This car is an original all options machine (besides a LSD <_<) that I picked up almost two years ago. I have slowly been repairing the little things that go wrong with a 20 year old BMW while trying to improve it to my liking at the same time. Bare with me as I use this thread to post slow progress as its made....on to the photos

This is what it looked like when I got it. Check the horrible tint and reverse rake..

IMG_0684.JPG_MG_6728.JPG

Cut a coil out of the front springs. I waited way longer than I should have to do this because it made a world of difference.car handled better and felt alot more responsive. Besides that it was a tad lower. I also bought a "splitter" or so I thought. It was in reality a piece of foam with 3M tape on one side. I called an complained to the seller, and all that happend was he sent me another :/ oh well I installed it anyways.... Im 50/50 on keeping it.

_MG_0858.JPG_MG_8521.JPG

adapter wheel- What did you use cut the splines?

The crazy wheel that came on the car had a hub adapter already on the car. I just unbolted the old wheel, measured the bolt pattern, and made a adapter to fit the two patterns together. Does that make sense?  

Btw if you were wondering, the old wheel is a fourmuling

The crazy wheel that came on the car had a hub adapter already on the car. I just unbolted the old wheel, measured the bolt pattern, and made a adapter to fit the two patterns together. Does that make sense?  

Btw if you were wondering, the old wheel is a fourmuling

AH. I see. I can't get myself to buy a hub adapter. 

I guess I looked in the wrong place! I saw 150+ when I looked.

guess you weren't looking close enough.too_much_alcohol_or_drugs_640_05.jpg....

the car looks really good! makes me want to buy a vert.

Thanks!

Looks great! I need a vert so my hair can blow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks, it was this or a miata.. I think I made the right choice

Saw this at the LS show! Loved the car and darn clean - but the offsets bug me. Looking forward to seeing it at its new ride height!

The offset on the rear wheels bugs me too, kinda hard to fit 17x10's on an E30 and pull it off. I hope all this suspension nonsense solves the Mexican poke out back.

• Jdesign changed the title to 1JZ E30 Vert Build Thread with Pastry filled wheels