WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BMW CCA E30 Picnic May 10, 2014 Waukesha

wasnt m3

Hahaha, nice Earl. You would have to trailer your paperweight so we know yours won't be there...

Now that is cold blooded=/

I like editing people quotes=)

My favorite movie is Sea Biscuit, I started crying as soon as I saw the FBI warning and didn't stop until the next morning. 

I was not sure I was going to be able to make this. I developed a severe knocking on acceleration on Thursday. I thought it was coming from the right front but my dad said it was coming from the right rear. Well I got the car up on 4 jack stands and tried to find the issue. All front suspension excluding struts was replaced last summer. All steering components replaced at the same time with new tires and an alignment. All looks good.

What I found was a axle that I could move up/down and in/out with no effort (1 inch). “Here is my problem” I said to myself.

Mr. Young came to the rescue with an extra one he “had laying around”.  Thank you Chris J

I replaced the axle and took her for a ride. To my dismay I still had a knock but it sounded much different. Almost sounds like a front sway bar that is bad. I had lost a sway bar bracket and stole one from my eta a few weeks ago. I am thinking that it may be a different size (without checking part numbers, I have no time now) as the 533 and not compressed enough and cause a knocking like what I am hearing.

I don’t care anymore. It’s late, I am hungry, and tired. I am going to make it tomorrow. I will just baby it.

See you all there!