WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Forum Rules!

YoungCR

Due to some recent complaints and the number of new members and the general size of the forum, its time we have an official set of rules. The moderators were briefed on these rules last week but I haven't had the time to post them yet until now. There is now a link at the bottom right corner of any page on this website where you can view these Terms and Conditions.

The main reasoning behind this is we're trying to prevent full out blatant abusive language on the forum. As Zach puts it the forum has been a "wild west" here since we started, but we are trying to grow and don't want to exclude any possible contributors. The forum has come a long way since last year and we want to continue going in the right direction.

http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Please post any questions/comments/concerns below here or send me or rampelsauce a PM or email admin@wibimmers.com

Thanks,

Chris Young

C'mon guys.  This is not a military state.  Nothing's changed, we're just trying to keep things lighter in a sense.  Useless posts and all that should be kept to off topic.  Being a smartass isnt against the law, but being abusive and offensive about it is.  Plus, if you can't find a clever way to tactfully insult someone, you should probably not be attacking their intelligence.  

Lets just keep the "fuck you" and the "You're a retard" posts to a minimum.  Don't be like the member(s) who have driven people away due to their insufficient mental capacity, overall ignorance, and shit attitude.

I think useless posts is referring to for example saying "lol" as a response to something.  Maybe I am misunderstanding.

John gets it, we're not trying to be "nazis" here guys. There's a difference between sarcastic posts and useless posts.

We're really just writing down the unspoken rules that have been followed for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with writing the rules down and having good monitoring with the extremely negative posts. 

There is almost no midwest scene compared to what is happening on the coasts.  With that being said, this forum could kick start that and should project a good vibe to the whole community. 

We still need the balance so this shouldn't be a PG or NC-17 rated site.  R is fine with me.

There are some sweet builds/rides in the area and if we can all influence and help each other this will be a badass bimmer crew!

There is almost no midwest scene compared to what is happening on the coasts.  With that being said, this forum could kick start that and should project a good vibe to the whole community. 

Agreed that the BMW scene is huge on the coasts. I think this forum has done wonders for the BMW scene in SE WI. 

Agreed that the BMW scene is huge on the coasts. I think this forum has done wonders for the BMW scene in SE WI.

Im blushing.  Do you have a crush on me?   ;)

We really want to eventually have a destination car show.  Like the E30 picnic or SOWO.  And since we're close to being the center of the US and universe, that'd be pretty neat.

• 2 weeks later...

has much changes since I've been here last? thought it was going alright. time is starting to free up for me finally!!!!!

Not too many changes Jeff, I've been pretty busy myself too. Just kinda making sure the site can keep running with out too much moderation effort.