WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Best daily?

Rowleym

I'm not quite sure this wrx wagon is going to cut it... Awd is okay.. but I'm thinking I would rather have some better gas mileage, and more understeer than have awd and a subaru. SO. Anyone have any other suggestions as to what car to get? I'm not sure if I can deal with a econocar interior and stuff anymore...

Rowley, Honestly. I don't get your logic. Subaru WRX wagon, turbo awd (true awd) in snow, with some blizzaks, you couldn't have a more solid setup. Idk what you want, a rwd that, WILL get stuck in Green Lake streets due to the incline. etc. But, if you want something RWD and less deep snow capable, I say go with a generic E36 3 series. 318ti/i-328i. 

Rowley, Honestly. I don't get your logic. Subaru WRX wagon, turbo awd (true awd) in snow, with some blizzaks, you couldn't have a more solid setup. Idk what you want, a rwd that, WILL get stuck in Green Lake streets due to the incline. etc. But, if you want something RWD and less deep snow capable, I say go with a generic E36 3 series. 318ti/i-328i. 

I Don't need something that is great in the snow. I just need a good daily. I'm a man and I know how to rage drift, So rwd works great for me, and awd is too expensive I think.. The thing that pisses me off about the wrx is the fact that its 50-50. I like 60-40 or 55-45 (rear-front). I'm not much for understeer. I want a daily that handles well, puts a smile on my face, and gets me A-B decently. This car WILL be modified. I feel like if i keep the wrx, I will need an STI trans and a lot of other stupid expensive hella tight jdm shit. 

Hmmm, you preface this with 'Best' but then your only definign quality is that it gets 'better' gas mileage.  Seeing that you give no other must haves, I will go on the 'Best' addage you began with.

Best all around daily driver, that will work in all sotuations, never leave you stranded and always get you from point a to point b, even in a straight line.

Military Grade Hummer H1.  Gobs of HP and torque out of the diesel engine, on board air system to keep tires inflated no matter what, mounting points for a 50cal or mini gun, bullet resistant glass and armor panels, snorkel for water crossings, and the list just goes on and on.  I'd be hard pressed to find another vehicle that would be 'best' at so many different things.

Not really. An E36 M3 is a stupid choice over a WRX Wagon especially during winter months. Especially around where we live. Shitty country roads that take a day to get plowed, steep hills in town, and we get hella snow drifts, that get cars stuck all the time. 

I'm just trying to sway Rowley's one track mind into the hopeful, right direction. I only do this, because I know Rowley on a more friend basis then as to forum member. Just lookin' out for my shaggy haired buddy.

Not really. An E36 M3 is a stupid choice over a WRX Wagon especially during winter months. Especially around where we live. Shitty country roads that take a day to get plowed, steep hills in town, and we get hella snow drifts, that get cars stuck all the time. 

I'm just trying to sway Rowley's one track mind into the hopeful, right direction. I only do this, because I know Rowley on a more friend basis then as to forum member. Just lookin' out for my shaggy haired buddy.

Thanks Dood :) Yea I'm really not sure yet. Definitely not a m3. That was just a pipe dream haha. Maybe if I just modified this fucking wrx it would make me happy...

I thought my M3 would be a great choice for winter but things happen QUICKLY in that car even with nice all seasons on it. It kicks out on you really abruptly and with track on it barely moves. I basically second gear start it with trac off. An E46 xi is an excellent choice I love the way it sticks in the snow. I would not recommend the two door e36's because of the window mechanism for winter. You will be busting clips and who knows what else. E36 sedan is a great choice with some winter tires maybe a 323 325 or 328.

3" straight pipe. Subaru's sound titties with a good exhaust.

I have cat back currently. custom mid pipe and perrin 3" axle back from august! Depending on whether or not I keep it, it will have an hy35 on it with e85 and a quick spool vavle. Should be funny. Stock everything almost, walbro 255, id1000 or whatever i find. AMS is going to tune it. The new tig welder gets here thursday! Got a diversion 180. Moved from the shop home, so we needed an inverter machine because of the power demands.