WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ClassE 1989 325IS Build Thread

ClassE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A custom short runner may be in the plans this winter.

A: Words hurt.

B: Not sure exactly what the future holds in the motor department. MS and a fancy SRI will certainly make boost easier tho.

Sorry brotha! Didn't mean for any hurt feelings. Just figured you wouldn't want to step away from the awesome wheel game to go a little fast! I personally couldn't make a car that nice, go fast haha. But I also have never owned an e30 that clean. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Short Version: Taking a stock M20 manifold and the manifold above.... And cutting/welding into a SRI (using flange and injector bunges off M20, and runners/plenum off V12 mani.

Will allow for easy IC piping in future, and even more important to me: get rid if that horrifically ugly crab mani.

In the process I'll be losing the brake booster, abs lines and mani on DS frame extension, ICV, etc, etc... Simplifying and eliminating as much as possible.

Finally have enough saved for MS, so that should be ordered any day so I can get started (I want to install and get a MS running before I tear everything apart and redo.). Which is why a lot hasn't been done so far this winter (that - and this damn weather).

From what Ive read the runner size and shape is the same, so I'll be losing alittle overall runner length (but gaining a larger plenum volume) coupled with a less restrictive intake setup and a better tune....

So I have no friggen clue.

But it'll be fun to find out.

Then throw boost at it.

Going to replace my slave cylinder and clutch line either tonight or tomorrow. Anyone familiar with bleeding the line?

I'm assuming it'll be like bleeding the brakes? Pump up the brake pedal - then press the clutch pedal down while cracking the bleed screw? I'm not entirely sure how the hyd clutch system works on this car...