WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

First venture into the world of BMW's, lots of E30 questions:

ClassE

I had collector plates on my 89 chevy that was slammed with a jegs 350 crate motor. (<--not stock)

took the pics in to the dmv and everything. got it plated no problems.

ran them on my last e30 too. (same plates that i had on the truck)

one of the main things is that you cant drive the collector-plated vehicle in the month of January.'

it also takes forever to get them, but its not too difficult to run them on a modified vehicle

Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet!!!!!!!!

My wife's family - and my family - do gift exchanges for Christmas.... So on Thanksgiving you need to have a finalized list for both families (we pick names and exchange lists on Thanksgiving).

Car could be done at paint as early as tomorrow.... Getting super anxious to get it back.

More parts are arriving from GAP on Saturday, hoping I can install them and buff/wax car on Saturday!

I have the Ireland Engineering 80 durometer "street" subframe and trailing arm bushings. I matched this setup with an 80 durometer Powerflex diff mount.  I honestly could tolerate something stiffer such as 90 durometer for all the rear bushings. It is a good idea to match durometers. 

I would probably prefer rubber as bushing material but the polyurethane pieces are extremely easy to install. The car is very tight, feels like a new BMW, but like I said, I could tolerate more harshness. The RTABs do squeak just a tiny tiny bit. If I did it again I would either use more grease or use copper grease on them. I am happy with my purchase though. 

Crossing my fingers that the car is done today! It was soo nice yesterday, I was itching to have the car back and driving!

Gotta get some highway miles on it this week, I'm supposed to take the car to Arc Asylum in GB on Saturday to have them model up a prototype skidplate using my car.

Crossing my fingers that the car is done today! It was soo nice yesterday, I was itching to have the car back and driving!

Gotta get some highway miles on it this week, I'm supposed to take the car to Arc Asylum in GB on Saturday to have them model up a prototype skidplate using my car.

Have fun, it's snowing! :P

Bah - shut the hood hard enough and it'll self clearance. :P

Anyone have a suggested place to get the silver/black or silver/carbon hood and trunk roundels? I keep finding vinyl kits - but not full replacement roundels (or are the sticker kits the easiest way to make the swap?)

I got a bunch more stuff from GAP on Saturday: fog light lenses, pneumatic spring for hood, etc.... Got a lot to do tonight if I could just get the damn car back.... Sigh. Soo impatient.....

Find the highest point of your motor and stick a piece of clay on it. Then close your hood, reopen it, and see how much room there was between the motor and hood=)

You also have to consider driveline angle. you can't raise it too much, otherwise the drive shaft before the guibo will bind

Apparently I misunderstood my body shop guy. Car will be done by *this* Friday.

I thought a 5 day turnaround was super fast, but he said they were slow and were gonna get right on it.... He also needed to order a new bumper backing, and I'm assuming wanted to wait to ensure he got the right part.

So it's another long week of waiting. He said everything was getting sprayed tomorrow though, so could be done on Thursday.... Or Friday at the latest.

Sigh.... (Twittling thumbs).....