WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

1 hour ago, Daggerty said:

There is no reason to run a whole bunch of intercooler piping when the intake is right there. You would just be robbing power. In turbo cars it makes sense because the exhaust is on the opposite side of the intake so you have to run the piping anyways so fmic air to air, yeah. 

Manufactures like to use air to water coolers because they take up less space in a way. You don't have a giant fmic to fit under a bumper cover. And they have more parts so more money for the dealer when they fail. These system also can only do so good if you are doing pull after pull unless you have it plumbed to your ac system or 10 gallon ice tank. 

Both of these also make more restrictions for the intake because you have a core for them to go through, turbulent air ,restriction, blah blah blah. No I am not drunk.

The 1 stage kit you can only have come on at one boost setting but you can tee off the line to put 2 nozzles in. A nozzle before the blower is ideal because it creates a seal around the fins rotors whatever you got. Creating that extra .0002 psi, something to do with it being compressed, moving it fast to evaporate, and its cooling the unit creating the boost down also. Some say this damages the turbine, there is no evidence supporting this. There is evidence however that the meth will eat away at the coating on certain rotors/screws.

When you tune it make sure you have a failsafe for the meth if it stops, weather it be a spark cut or you do your tuning without it then turn it on. Because running a tune created with meth can be as aggressive as race gas but if it stops then you're just on pump gas with a crap load of timing.

everything on the internet about meth can be found above by this guy who wasted his life typing it. Sorry if you read all that

Im quoting this because I am thankful for the info, but I couldn't laugh at the same time.. LOL.  

I read it all, affirms many things. I was thinking pre TB spray (post sc) in this case. Which means I’ll likely ditch the plastic intake crap from VF as they don’t really hold threads and they annoy me. 

I’ll be running ms3, which can control water/meth injection, but I’d most likely just use the controller that comes with that kit and only spray to keep IATs down, not to advance the timing (for now) 

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...