WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

(Almost) Everything You Wanted to Know About Automatic Transmissions

need4speed1299

• 3 years later...

Automatic transmission is from the devil.  We should not link to the underworld on our site.  :D

I have a 4hp22 if anyone wants it, free for the taking, get it out of my garage.

I used to always think automatics were junk. And compared to manuals they definitely are.

But a lot of them suck because lack of maintenance.

My g/f has a chrysler sebring that she got for free. She got it was 201,000miles. The guy owned a jaguar and a s2000.

Her car has the dreaded 2.7 that is known for short life due to oil sludge.

Well. She now has 234,000 miles on the same engine and transmission with no issues. And in the the 4 years that she has owned it. She has put maybe $1000 worth of labor/parts into it.

I'm just joking around, I prefer manuals but I realize they are not for everyone.  Also you can't argue with free.

I know you were. I prefer manuals too. Hell. I even prefer manual seats and windows. Less shit breaks then.

I was just saying. Most car parts that break. Are because of lack of maintenance. I know probably 5 people who have well over 100,000 miles and have never changed their tranni fluid because they think that it is "bad" to change it.