WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E34 Dood! look at this turbo.

Guest Celina325is

Guest Celina325is

Yeah, i just got off the phone with the guy, its a tubo setup from a Volvo I guess. He said that it was good and fast but they didnt see the gains that they wanted to. He wanted to put in the intercooler but it is his friends car and his buddy wants to get a gtr I guess. He says its running at 7 psi. When I asked about a real tune, he didnt really say anything. Anybody got an opinion about how much more time and funds will need to go into this before a person would see real nice gains? he said the drivers door has a slight bend and other repainted it himself so its not great but theres no rust and so on. Who has an opinion? part of me things this is a home brew from some pollocks who where in over their head and part of me sees the potential.

I would be very, very hesitant to buy any turbo car for only $2k, especially one without a real tune.

I would go into this purchase expecting to drop another $800-1200 into a proper dyno tune, and expect to replace some parts that the PO half-assed or ghetto rigged to work.

And then you should be prepared to replace the parts people normally neglect; bushings in the front/rear, cooling system items, misc electrical gremlins inside....

Guest Celina325is

Well my initial investment is budgeted at 3000 right now, so I had those same thoughts. Hopefully snag it for 1500, put about 1000 into to, have nice setup. But its honestly kind of worked over already, it was originally an automatic and it has 160k miles. so idk. if I could have it for a about 1500 I would be happier but the guy was only talking about coming down about 150 or so.

Guest Celina325is

I honestly really want to get an E34 wagon and do a 5 speed swap, plus maybe a motor swap/boost kind of like this (only not half assed) I was thinking about an M3 like that but I dont want to pay the insurance.

Guest Celina325is

They were polish and ignorant and chicago is crazy, son. PS, the turbo didnt really work other than sounding different at super high rpms. I drove a chipped 525 after that and I would say it was faster. smoother if nothing else.