WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Its amazing the difference one year makes...

m42b32

So I actually went through with it even though I never thought I would...

The e36 is officially for sale and I am carrying through with it if you haven't seen. I have tampered with the idea before, but never thought I'd actually do it. But not all is sad in the world....because I bought this!

9354684112_7abb215942_c.jpg

Its a 1991 318iS! 143k miles, 5 speed, slicktop, and almost completely rust free. The underside is so clean you could eat off it, its incredible. It spent almost all of its life in Florida and was brought to Wisconsin about four years ago to my knowledge. A very good friend of mine bought the car about three years ago and put a lot of money into some repairs and maintenance and then only put about 4k miles on the car in total. It definitely needs some work but overall it won't take much to make it mechanically sound and reliable.

9351915493_390729bd00_c.jpg

The car has no carpets and the seats are trashed, but everything else is in great shape including the crack free dash! No idea why the picture looks yellow, it just happened...

I plan on keeping the car OEM+ just like the e36 and restoring it over time. Owning an e30 has always been a dream of mine and I am beside myself with excitement, I definitely made a good choice. It needs a lot of cosmetic attention (the pictures hide a lot) but its a very solid place to start. It is an absolute blast to drive and it is an entirely different car than my e36 (I would also keep that in a heartbeat if I could). 

I don't have many other pictures at the moment as I am out of town for basically the next week and a half, but once it gets a very thorough cleaning I will post a ton of them! 

Can't wait to get my hands dirty!

Thanks guys! I am absolutely loving this car. Just gave it a thorough cleaning but it got dark so no pics yet unfortunately. I got it for a very fair price, not a steal but I definitely didn't over-pay. All in all I am extremely happy with the switch between my old car and my new one