WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

One of my hobbies includes looking up build sheets on for sale cars and today I ran across something I haven't seen before on an e34 540i Msport.  I have it highlighted below in red... Bison Leather interior?

Data for the chassis number: WBAHE5323SGA65322 Model Name: 540I Execution: USA Type code: HE53 E-Code: E34 Body: Limousine Steering: on the left Doors: 4 Engine: M60 / 2 to 4.00 l (210kW) Drive: Rear-wheel drive Transmission: manually Exterior color: Arctic Silver Metallic ( 309 ) Interior: Leather Bison Us / black (L4SW) Production date: 15.09.1995 Work: Dingolfing

•  
Code Special equipment Optional Equipment S214A Automatic Stability Control (ASC + T) Automatic stability control (ASC + T) S220A Level control Self-leveling suspension S223A Electronic Damper Control (EDC) Electronic Damper Control (EDC) S240A Leather steering wheel airbag Leather steering wheel S243A Airbag passenger Airbag for front passenger S245A Electric steering column adjustment Steering wheel column adjustment, electr. S302A Alarm system Alert system P337A M Sport Package M Sports package S459A Electric seat adjustment with memory Seat adjuster, electric, with memory S481A Sport Seat Sports seat S494A Seat heating driver / passenger Seat heating driver / passenger S640A Preparation Telephone Installation universal Preparation f tel.installation universal S686A Antenna diversity Antenna Diversity S694A Preparation BMW 6 CD changer Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer S818A Main switch for battery Battery master switch S925A Shipping protection package Transport protection package

Wow, I have sent the seller 7 or 8 emails with zero response.  I see the tel# was just added.  Bummer that it is a pile of shit.  Rusted?  Interior trashed?

All of the above. I was the first to look at it when it was listed. It was leaking oil badly, if you opened the heat vents in the car coolant would piss into the engine bay, the exhaust was routed so bad that it was hitting the frame but hanging down right after it that it was almost touching the ground, the carpet was soaked from a bad sunroof gasket( i assume) the dash was painted with a brush, the milage was inaccurate as all the gauges were aftermarket, the battery was floating around in the trunk, the carb needed a rebuild, it had no overdrive, and there was rust bubbling in various spots all over. But besides that, it was a mint $500 car.