WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

55 minutes ago, P_Roloff said:

I almost bought that car for $2000 before this guy picked it up. It seems like he broke the window and is now trying to flip it lol

Edit: the car is still totally worth the asking price though due to the rare color and the goodies. This new owner is supposedly an enthusiast and has still not realized it has a euro m3 steering wheel (unless he pulled it out and that's why it isn't mentioned). 

2 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Not a BMW, BUT I had to share. I mean it probably shared some Bosch parts LOL

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-porsche-944-custom/6558082478.html

The 90's were a bad time for car culture... 20 years from now all these stanced cars will elicit same the disgust, groans and "what were they thinking?" comments. I guess we were all young once though.

Imitation and jumping on the bandwagon doesn't get you far. If you lack actual inspiration it's better to build your car towards some functional objective and let the form follow suit.

God dammit, I sound old!

4 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Not a BMW, BUT I had to share. I mean it probably shared some Bosch parts LOL

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-porsche-944-custom/6558082478.html

I though to myself "oh, the exterior is a well executed mockery of 90's design.  I can live with that."  and then I saw that it continued to the interior.  A joke can go too far...

38 minutes ago, snap said:

Thanks. Yeah I saw that. Very well sorted and well priced for condition and ZHP,  but man that's a lot of red. Maybe it's due to my 'sun faded to pink' brillantrot 318is, or my neighbor's bright red beast of a RAM pickup and his matching shorts (yeah don't ask), but those pics hurt my eyes.

Looking for a more sedate, well-sorted, non-zhp, sport package, three pedal 330i/ci.