WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

3 hours ago, Ryan... said:

I know nothing of these cars, what's a realistic price for it? Wasn't it listed a while back for much higher?

yeah i think it was something like 14k for a couple years. the guy has one of the sentimental attachment problems. a clean e21 could be worth a few thousand, but the 80s ghetto-blaster theme (white everything, terrible wheels, bad tint) make it look cheap.

This. It has potential. Its in similar shape as my E24 was, and I paid a 10th of the price. 

Realistically, as it sits, I would be kind saying it would probably bring $4k. But with that, in the past 10 years its been for sale, I have N E V E R seen a single image of the inside, let alone the engine bay. He has given a little more effort this time, but the lack of effort put into the pictures, the guy is going to pass away before it sells.  (Im assuming hes in his 30's LOL)

Also, note this one that sold on BAT for $7k and its far superior in condition. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-2/

14 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

yeah i think it was something like 14k for a couple years. the guy has one of the sentimental attachment problems. a clean e21 could be worth a few thousand, but the 80s ghetto-blaster theme (white everything, terrible wheels, bad tint) make it look cheap.

Check recent BaT results, even safaribeige automatics make $4k these days.  An "S" package car can make $10 grand+, if it's the right car, which this one is not due to the aforementioned "theme" and the 175k miles.  My opinion is given the miles and the un-doing that would need to be done, it's a ~$6000 car, if he "un-whited" the bumpers and grille he could potentially get $7500.

The thing I find the most interesting is that this car was for sale when I first decided I was going to get another e21, this was every inch of 6 years ago, maybe even 7 or 8 and he was using the exact same pictures and ad back then.  Only the price has changed and maybe the mileage.  I don't remember what it started at.

16 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

I've got some 16x8 et23 style 4's waiting for a coat of paint and some sticky rubber! Those would look pretty nice though

On 1/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, Boris3 said:

By comparison, this is a good deal for a very clean set of e30 sport seats. Anyone know the seller?

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/d/milwaukee-bmw-e30-leather-seats-325is/6789345940.html

Those are super nice! No idea who's though. 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:18 AM, wally509 said:

Check recent BaT results, even safaribeige automatics make $4k these days.  An "S" package car can make $10 grand+, if it's the right car, which this one is not due to the aforementioned "theme" and the 175k miles.  My opinion is given the miles and the un-doing that would need to be done, it's a ~$6000 car, if he "un-whited" the bumpers and grille he could potentially get $7500.

The thing I find the most interesting is that this car was for sale when I first decided I was going to get another e21, this was every inch of 6 years ago, maybe even 7 or 8 and he was using the exact same pictures and ad back then.  Only the price has changed and maybe the mileage.  I don't remember what it started at.

Right. There is no way in hell its still in the same condition. If he keeps it much longer though and doesnt budge on the price, im sure sooner or later the price will be accurate. lol