WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

13 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

It's custom, and has new piston gaskets. It's good to go!
https://sheboygan.craigslist.org/cto/d/sheboygan-custom-2005-bmw-325ci/6784798654.html

You should ask him where he ordered the piston gaskets for the v6 from....

10 hours ago, RobZR said:

Ehhhhh. That shit is trending right now. It will pass. Not my cup of tea but it looks like they did a decent job.

I agree. Its funny to see there are so many completely opposite opinions about it. Some say its over priced because you can buy a running driving E30 M3 for $40k, others think its cheap because you will never find another. I  think if anyone should buy it, it should be BMW themselves for a museum piece.

1 hour ago, HipMF said:

I don't see it being a collectors item at all; just a replacement shell for a crashed race car. Feel free to put it in your garage and stare at it, but I'd rather see it put to use for it's intended purpose.

Right, and its funny to see the different reactions everyone has to it. Some say use it, some say keep it in its current state. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:52 PM, Boris3 said:

On 1/5/2019 at 11:51 PM, ChrisO said:

“California car”

Maybe 20 years ago 

all that rust in the seams and shit on the rockers

even looks like the bottom of a fender is rusted out 

Said car was just posted here in the Cars FS topic. IMO its a more realistic, $1000 car. Best of luck to him.

2 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

So I know this has been posted before but its still forsale

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/carol-stream-bmw-e30-318is/6779105111.html

I wonder why he cant get a new title.

i bet he bought the car without a title, and didnt realize he would be required to bond it if he wanted one. that costs a bit of money, and carries risk. most people don't want to take the risk or suspend that much cash. 

its dumb to buy a car without a title unless you know the EXACT history and why it was lost. if its stolen, crime committed with it, someone claiming they own it, blah blah you get get screwed.