WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

5 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

In order to bid you need to be a resident of MN. otherwise you cant without a broker or liscense. 

Incorrect. I was able to bid fine with my Wisconsin address. 

1 hour ago, suspenceful said:

Damn. Was that at CoPart, or where did you find that one?

Yep it was at Copart. Someone hit a curb. Essentially cracked the wheel and did alittle damage under the fender. I bit up to 100$ off my max bid. I wish I just bid to win. I just didn't like the fact that someone stole the comfort access key so I wasn't willing to bid more.

I slipped the forklift guy a 20$ so he'd pick it up and show me under it. The car was essentially base model with the M-sport package and comfort access and I loved it. 87k miles.

19 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

https://www.copart.com/lot/52969118

m6 with an individual interior. 

I like that a 2'x2' section of sheet metal has been cut from the side of the car

Also it makes me cringe when they pick up cars that are going to be rebuilt with a forklift. Cant be healthy for suspension components or fuel/brake lines, depending which way they fork it... not that they give a shit

Also it pisses me off that shift knobs, key fobs and emblems go missing from literally every auction car

😡😤

5 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

Yep it was at Copart. Someone hit a curb. Essentially cracked the wheel and did alittle damage under the fender. I bit up to 100$ off my max bid. I wish I just bid to win. I just didn't like the fact that someone stole the comfort access key so I wasn't willing to bid more.

I slipped the forklift guy a 20$ so he'd pick it up and show me under it. The car was essentially base model with the M-sport package and comfort access and I loved it. 87k miles.

Do you remember what it sold for?

That's actually a fairly sought after car right there. M-Sport, cold weather package, comfort access, 6MT with a desirable exterior, interior and trim color. The BBS wheels are worth something too, I'd imagine.

1 minute ago, ChrisO said:

I like that a 2'x2' section of sheet metal has been cut from the side of the car

Also it makes me cringe when they pick up cars that are going to be rebuilt with a forklift. Cant be healthy for suspension components or fuel/brake lines, depending which way they fork it... not that they give a shit

Also it pisses me off that shift knobs, key fobs and emblems go missing from literally every auction car

The 2x2 section was cut by a body shop. It shows me that they took a second look before totaling the car out.

They are gental with the forklifts but I understand where it could go bad.

And yes. Someone made 300$ off the comfort access key from that 135i. In turn I didn't bid to win because someone stole it 😕

2 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

Do you remember what it sold for?

That's actually a fairly sought after car right there. M-Sport, cold weather package, comfort access, 6MT with a desirable exterior, interior and trim color. The BBS wheels are worth something too, I'd imagine.

The car sold for 4100$ I bid up to 4k. I wasn't willing to bid anymore due to the stolen comfort access key. If I could go back i would and just buy it. It's was very clean. I have more photos if you want to see more of the damage. Note it did have a salvage title.

1 minute ago, Rekpoint said:

The car sold for 4100$ I bid up to 4k. I wasn't willing to bid anymore due to the stolen comfort access key. If I could go back i would and just buy it. It's was very clean. I have more photos if you want to see more of the damage. Note it did have a salvage title.

I assumed salvage title. I've just always been curious what a 135i/335i like that goes for at auction.

Just now, suspenceful said:

I assumed salvage title. I've just always been curious what a 135i/335i like that goes for at auction.

It was up on Copart for 7 months because of title issues. It also was a nostart. I credited that to the charge that blows up to disconnect the battery and fuel pump in the event of an accident. 

How much would it have been worth all fixed? I was thinking 11k?

2 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

It was up on Copart for 7 months because of title issues. It also was a nostart. I credited that to the charge that blows up to disconnect the battery and fuel pump in the event of an accident. 

How much would it have been worth all fixed? I was thinking 11k?

Yeah, you're probably right to assume it was battery/fuel pump broken link.

The salvage title hurts value, I'd say around $9k currently.

It's crazy how they totaled it out for so little damage. This is the damage.

33 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

Yeah, you're probably right to assume it was battery/fuel pump broken link.

The salvage title hurts value, I'd say around $9k currently.

I couldn't see any bent suspension components either.

Mind you I was able to get under the car too when the forklift guy raised it up.

20180828_150621.jpg

20180828_150611.jpg

20180828_152238.jpg

20180828_151215.jpg

20180828_150623.jpg

20180828_150608.jpg

18 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Mn is a "No Licence Required" state. That means you can bid without a broker from anywhere. When I bid on a 335i from NJ I had to buy a broker. Note I also lost it by 50$ :(

Ahhhh thats how.

I was thinking of this differently. For example; I am in Minnesota trying to bid on a car located in Wisconsin. I can't currently (depending on the car) bid with a WI address so I would need a Minnesota address to get around that. But I assume it doesn't work that way. Its only for buy cars located in MN?

14 hours ago, snap said:

Oh man. Thats so cheap. I rather have that then the one I have now. Only bummer is that its a sedan.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, patsbimmer1 said:

@wally509 this car would be great for someone like you thats handy with a wrench, not afraid of new tech and has low expectations for performance.  I see the other market for this car being the kid that just graduated college and wants to fit in with the rest of the parking lot at the office but wants to stand out from the jr associates driving the 3 series and a4.  My criticism hasn't been with the car itself just the ad.  If he spent the money on liqui-moly and ceramic coating then at least he was willing to spend money to take care of it.  Good luck!

The seller re-wrote the ad based on what was said here on the forum:

https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/d/2011-bmw-528i/6765554534.html

My previous comment about the car being a "deferred maintenance nightmare" was inappropriate, I apologized to the seller for that.  That came out because I consider the water pump/thermostat, coil packs and oil filter housing gasket on N52's to be "maintenance" and not "repairs" since pretty much ALL of them will need to be done at some point.  Whoever buys this car will have those to look forward to, more than likely sooner rather than later.  Just because those haven't been done, doesn't mean it's a bad car or that the seller wasn't properly maintaining it.

3 hours ago, wally509 said:

The seller re-wrote the ad based on what was said here on the forum:

https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/d/2011-bmw-528i/6765554534.html

My previous comment about the car being a "deferred maintenance nightmare" was inappropriate, I apologized to the seller for that.  That came out because I consider the water pump/thermostat, coil packs and oil filter housing gasket on N52's to be "maintenance" and not "repairs" since pretty much ALL of them will need to be done at some point.  Whoever buys this car will have those to look forward to, more than likely sooner rather than later.  Just because those haven't been done, doesn't mean it's a bad car or that the seller wasn't properly maintaining it.

He still didnt take our advice and lower the price. Dont think his FS ad is going to matter is he is still asking 9 or 10k. He should be asking 8500 and take anything above 7k

On 12/3/2018 at 12:00 AM, P_Roloff said:

This looks like a pretty fair price to me, any opinions?

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/2008-bmw-m3-e92/6762527319.html

Not a bad price but not a very desirable car on the whole. Melbourne is a low production color, and 6mt is nice, but what kills this car is beige interior and lack of CF roof which for many people wanting a E92 with a stick, is important to have the CF roof. What's ridiculous is that they actually paid to option out of it because the CF roof was standard equipment on the E92 M3. Lastly being a pre-LCI is kinda meh. 

But for someone who wants a low mileage V8 M3, it is definitely not a bad price at all.