WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

17 hours ago, Jdesign said:

That 335i has been for sale for a very long time, lol.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:12 PM, ChrisO said:

Someone on here owned this? Guy said the alternator went on it and it’s stuck in a gas station parking lot, he claims he has no money or a drivers license and tomorrow the gas station is gonna have it impounded. Sounds like he’ll take $2k... jk

1ADD4545-28F3-4033-A89C-15B806DA1AF1.png

F6FEA445-C5C9-41BA-A326-43132E745429.png

Guy is asking $2k firm now, seems like a great deal for 370whp.

4 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

holy shit balls mother of god. IMHO, this is the pinnacle of a daily driver.  love that he stuck an s54 on an iX drivetrain

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2001-bmw-e46-m3-s54-swapped/6758146934.html

This is without a doubt one of the best things on the internet right now, out of all the things. It is amazing that the chassis has such incredibly high mileage and isn't completely fucked. 

4 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

holy shit balls mother of god. IMHO, this is the pinnacle of a daily driver.  love that he stuck an s54 on an iX drivetrain

The whole build looks very nice. The thing that gets me is that stupid RED switch next to the window switches... WTF were they thinking??

3 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

The whole build looks very nice. The thing that gets me is that stupid RED switch next to the window switches... WTF were they thinking??

NOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😀

This seller has sold many clean BMW's.  his usual outlet is on BAT. this one looks like a great personal build, but with a high mileage chassis resale is problematic. probably not cool enough for BAT 

Awesome build never the less.     

10 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

wtf $27k? Even being generous and assuming that swap cost $10k, $17k for a 300k mile 325ix with flares and pretty Apex wheel seems insane. Even with KW suspension components.

Still a sick car tho.

41 minutes ago, ChrisO said:

wtf $27k? Even being generous and assuming that swap cost $10k, $17k for a 300k mile 325ix with flares and pretty Apex wheel seems insane. Even with KW suspension components.

Still a sick car tho.

Theres a few more upgrades to consider like M3 front seats,  properly done flares, x3 drivetrain, etc but I agree. I think a similar s54 swapped touring went up for sale for 12-15k not long ago 

Those are just e46 sport seats, not m3(and he could have at least cleaned them). X3s use the same differentials as an e46, so all that is changed is the gear ratio. I think the car is probably a solid $13k car. Sidenote, there was a pretty nice s54 swapped 6 speed X3 for sale recently for 10 or 11k recently too.

So a co-worker and good friend of mine is having a tough time trying to sell his bmw that he's owned for a couple of years now. He has had very little interest in it so far and feels that his price is pretty fair but is not really sure and is wondering that maybe its just a tough time of year for selling that particular car. I'm just trying to seek out some advice/opinions on what you guys think of the car or what you know about that particular model and year already that may be a reason for why its not particularly selling as fast as he was hoping.

Just from my own personal experience, this car is super clean and he is the type of guy that is nit picky about all the little things and takes very good care of what he owns. He has had zero trouble with the car as a whole throughout his ownership and the car has proved to be very reliable for him.

https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/d/2011-bmw-528i-2-sets-of/6739816865.htm

1 hour ago, AsparagusMike said:

So a co-worker and good friend of mine is having a tough time trying to sell his bmw that he's owned for a couple of years now. He has had very little interest in it so far and feels that his price is pretty fair but is not really sure and is wondering that maybe its just a tough time of year for selling that particular car. I'm just trying to seek out some advice/opinions on what you guys think of the car or what you know about that particular model and year already that may be a reason for why its not particularly selling as fast as he was hoping.

Just from my own personal experience, this car is super clean and he is the type of guy that is nit picky about all the little things and takes very good care of what he owns. He has had zero trouble with the car as a whole throughout his ownership and the car has proved to be very reliable for him.

Huh, I guess I never realized the f10 came with the n52. Looks like a sweet car, although I don’t know enough about them to comment on price. Could be the time of year though, most regular people prefer AWD.

6 hours ago, P_Roloff said:

Huh, I guess I never realized the f10 came with the n52. Looks like a sweet car, although I don’t know enough about them to comment on price. Could be the time of year though, most regular people prefer AWD.

Me either, I was going to give up on BMW after this one (meaning the e92) because I typically run my cars to 200k+ and don't really want to dick with turbo and DI systems.  I also don't have a problem with RWD, with good snows never had a problem.  Hmmm...wonder if I could get anything for the e92, getting tired of the MT.

17 hours ago, AsparagusMike said:

Considering kbb is mid/upper 8s and people usually pay under Kelly's blue book for a vehicle that isnt special aka M car or such. Also this being only 2wd and can pick these up at dealer auctions for 6k with close to same mileage I'd say that's your issue.

20181202_153237.jpg