WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

4 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Are those E21 Startecs, a Corsa super wheel?!? WTF guy, WHO ARE YOU.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pts/d/bmw-parts-clean-out-e30-m3/6754439671.html

Is this how much e30 m3 side skirts go for? He wants $750 for the cluster and one sold on eBay for $1000... good flips maybe

I feel like I could see the skirts being worth like $2k if they are oem

7 minutes ago, ChrisO said:

Is this how much e30 m3 side skirts go for? He wants $750 for the cluster and one sold on eBay for $1000... good flips maybe

I feel like I could see the skirts being worth like $2k if they are oem

They are NLA and the last set I saw for sale went for $1000 a side. I'm sure you can flip them if you listed them all over on the internets. 

Is this the same Homer Glen seller that folks have had issues with in the past or someone else? Granted a lot of people live in Homer Glen but if I remember correctly there have been some problems with e30s sold and experiences with parts listed for sale by the same seller not being accurately described. 

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

@Bassboy3313 Check out those taillights, the guy said $350 with matching corner lights. I just asked as they are not Startecs but custom units from Europe. They would be pretty awesome on your car.

I picked up a set of doors and more from that guy in the past. I thought he was pretty nice and had a wicked bmw collection. Those taillights are amazing, but definitely more money than I have to spend right now unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Bassboy3313 said:

I picked up a set of doors and more from that guy in the past. I thought he was pretty nice and had a wicked bmw collection. Those taillights are amazing, but definitely more money than I have to spend right now unfortunately. 

Sell something replacble and go get them. I spent a good 20 mins looking for pictures of tails on E21's and could find a single image. I bet you could fetch more than $350 for the set if E30 startecs are selling for $500 all day long. 

2 hours ago, ChrisO said:

I figured I wouldn’t even touch it, just rock it as is cuz individual. It’s so bizarre to see a e36 with non-M stuff in Dakar haha

Either way its a super cool car. Just keep low balling him. :D

58 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

Sell something replacble and go get them. I spent a good 20 mins looking for pictures of tails on E21's and could find a single image. I bet you could fetch more than $350 for the set if E30 startecs are selling for $500 all day long.

E21s are not nearly as popular as e30s. Aside from a few hip and trending stance people, the majority of e21 owners are either old and cheap as ****, or people who wanted a 2002, but couldn't afford one and bought an e21 instead. Very few people out there throwing money at this chassis. I think if you tried to get $350 for those tails, you'd be sitting on them for years...

2 minutes ago, HipMF said:

E21s are not nearly as popular as e30s. Aside from a few hip and trending stance people, the majority of e21 owners are either old and cheap as ****, or people who wanted a 2002, but couldn't afford one and bought an e21 instead. Very few people out there throwing money at this chassis. I think if you tried to get $350 for those tails, you'd be sitting on them for years...

This! The only way you make good money on e21 parts is selling them to a 2k2 owner that is looking to "upgrade". Like the e21 LSD i sold that some 2k2 guy paid $750 for. E21 owners wouldn't pay anywhere above $300 for it. 

5 hours ago, Boris3 said:

Is this the same Homer Glen seller that folks have had issues with in the past or someone else? Granted a lot of people live in Homer Glen but if I remember correctly there have been some problems with e30s sold and experiences with parts listed for sale by the same seller not being accurately described. 

i believe it is him. if you show up for parts and this is what you see:

homerglen.jpg.6b54237fb5c409404e6de141d2bb1459.jpg

basically my experience was: ad = "great condition seats." reality = seats with broken piping, mouse nests, and broken frames. pretty par for the course for craigslist, but, after driving hours and $15 in tolls to get there I was less than thrilled. 

i also didnt like his holier-than-thou-i-am-the-god-of-e30s-attitude. when i questioned the condition he got all butt hurt. Mr. $750,000 house guy is a cheap ass. 

TL;DR = Homer glen mope has good parts, but beware the condition might not be what you expect. 

On 11/26/2018 at 10:55 PM, straight6pwr said:

basically my experience was: ad = "great condition seats." reality = seats with broken piping, mouse nests, and broken frames. pretty par for the course for craigslist, but, after driving hours and $15 in tolls to get there I was less than thrilled. 

i also didnt like his holier-than-thou-i-am-the-god-of-e30s-attitude. when i questioned the condition he got all butt hurt. Mr. $750,000 house guy is a cheap ass. 

TL;DR = Homer glen mope has good parts, but beware the condition might not be what you expect. 

Yeah. This is true for 90% of ANYTHING on Craigslist in Illinoying. I have bought maybe 2 cars from here and misc parts. I can only say 1 time there was no surprises. I have looked at so many cars there that werent 1/4th of what they were advertised as. Now I ask 1923854719327845 questions and ask for 92354782364578 pictures before I go down there.