WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

12 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

All that work, just to leave it automatic. 

"need timing chain"...yea, annnnnnnd the whole dash put back together. I dont see that being an easy task on a 7er.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/d/bmw-740i/6473841664.html

On 1/27/2018 at 12:09 AM, Rekpoint said:

this has been at $12k for a couple days now. If it doesn't completely skyrocket I have half a mind to make an attempt to snag it. Although I'm sure on the last day it will pump up to a price I'm unhappy with. 

It's definitely making me re-think my E92 supercharging plans for this spring, though. 

this has been at $12k for a couple days now. If it doesn't completely skyrocket I have half a mind to make an attempt to snag it. Although I'm sure on the last day it will pump up to a price I'm unhappy with. 
It's definitely making me re-think my E92 supercharging plans for this spring, though. 
Do it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

Its not a half bad price at 12k either, especially if it's as clean as it looks. E30 M3 suspension alone costs a fortune now-a-days. You're right though, it'll probably jump up at least a couple grand in the last few hours

3 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

From the BAT auctions I've watched til the end, it always jumps up. They add some sort of "bonus round" once time expires to place any last bids, lol.

I actually think that's a great feature, especially for the seller since it helps bring higher prices. That way nobody is sniping at the last 0.02 seconds like on ebay 

9 hours ago, suspenceful said:

From the BAT auctions I've watched til the end, it always jumps up. They add some sort of "bonus round" once time expires to place any last bids, lol.

damn you and your crashing of my hopes and dreams into the ocean of reality.

I may pull the trigger even at a few thousand more. I was already planning about $12k for rod bearings, supercharger, and an xpipe for the M3 so if I don't do that and instead got this car, I could probably justify a little extra cash because....i mean....it's a full car and my wife loves E30s as much as I do which helps. 

1 hour ago, stealthbimmer said:

Im sure it is either a scam or a POS, but if by some miracle it is actually a well maintained e34 m5...

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-bmw-m5-great-car/6479429167.html

definitely a scam

https://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-bmw-m5-great-car/6479506942.html

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-bmw-m5-6-cylinder/6478400309.html

4 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

It's not us doing the crashing....

But for real, it's a gorgeous car. Silver on E30's can look so darn good, and that one does it well. 

The silver really does look nice - my biggest gripe at this point is with BaT. I was checking out their FAQ for buyers and it looks like the buyer has to pay the fee when the car sells. Minimum of $250 or 5% up to 100k purchase. So basically if the car goes for 15k it's like an extra 750 bucks. 

That's against how basically every other sales service on the planet works - i.e. Ebay fees are the seller's responsibility, Paypal fees are the seller's responsibility, and yes even real estate buying and selling agent fees come out of the final sale price of a house (the seller's pocket). 

So I may walk on this just because of that on principle. Still deliberating but it really bugs me that BaT collects money from the seller on the front end and also the buyer on the back end of the transaction. Especially considering the seller is already almost invariably drawing in higher purchase price simply because the car is listed on BaT. 

3 hours ago, i_love_cars said:

The silver really does look nice - my biggest gripe at this point is with BaT. I was checking out their FAQ for buyers and it looks like the buyer has to pay the fee when the car sells. Minimum of $250 or 5% up to 100k purchase. So basically if the car goes for 15k it's like an extra 750 bucks. 

That's against how basically every other sales service on the planet works - i.e. Ebay fees are the seller's responsibility, Paypal fees are the seller's responsibility, and yes even real estate buying and selling agent fees come out of the final sale price of a house (the seller's pocket). 

So I may walk on this just because of that on principle. Still deliberating but it really bugs me that BaT collects money from the seller on the front end and also the buyer on the back end of the transaction. Especially considering the seller is already almost invariably drawing in higher purchase price simply because the car is listed on BaT. 

Didn't know about that. 
That is kind of odd, as you had mentioned that largely everyone else does it differently. 
Why not double dip when you can, that may be their motto! 

Pretty much all auto auctions are like that (Mecum, Gooding, Bonhams, etc), the buyer pays the fee/commission, typically called "the premium".  Some charge both buyer and seller from what I have heard.  People mostly prefer BaT over the big auction houses since the premium is capped on larger ticket cars, although not a lot of those get sold there.

3 hours ago, wally509 said:

Pretty much all auto auctions are like that (Mecum, Gooding, Bonhams, etc), the buyer pays the fee/commission, typically called "the premium".  Some charge both buyer and seller from what I have heard.  People mostly prefer BaT over the big auction houses since the premium is capped on larger ticket cars, although not a lot of those get sold there.

Yup, buyers always pay the fees for auto auction sales. BaT is a little different because it's an auction site, but there is a private seller. BaT isn't the seller.

I wouldn't let it deter you from the sale if you're seriously interested.